So I've set up G-mail to my phone and when I reply to someone who has E-mailed me on my phone, I will get an E-mail to my computer saying that I have sent a message.

I know there are many G-mail posts, but I could not find one that would eliminate this "confirmation" E-mail sent to my computer question. Thanks.
    10-06-08 12:43 PM
    The deal is that Gmail doesn't use folders, it uses labels. So the sent messages and inbox are only separated in the online version by labels.

So when you send an email from your phone it goes into the sent messages folder online which the BB reads as the same as he inbox and retreives it.

The way to fix this is go into your BIS account and create a filter so that your bb doesn't retreive messages with your email address in the FROM field.

Hope that helps!
    10-06-08 03:39 PM
    Plus there is a thread explaining how to do all that in detail. its real simple
    10-06-08 03:49 PM
    Well, not sure I explained this correctly because I already created a label to block my own E-mails from being "sent" to me. I am literally getting an E-mail that says "Message sent by Sprint Blackberry....." and whatever. Not sure why this is going through since I did sent up on my BIS to not put messages I sent in my inbox. Maybe you could link the thread greg24 or give me some keywords.
    10-06-08 08:03 PM
    Ok, looks like I am stumping people. I took a screenshot of what happens. This is what I get when I send E-mails from my phone from my G-mail account. I already added a filter on my BIS account for E-mails that come from my address, but these are not sent from my address.

ImageShack - Hosting :: gmailxf6.jpg
    Last edited by Fish38; 10-07-08 at 12:29 PM.
    10-07-08 12:25 PM
    Nvm, I just set up a label that excluded E-mails with the text that I would receive. I know its a work-around, but it works.
    10-07-08 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD