Hiya,
    I just purchased a Curve 8330. When playing music, my speaker phone will not broadcast my music. I have to hold the device close to my ear to hear the music.

I used to have the 8830 and when I wanted to hear my stored music, I simply hit "play" then the speaker phone button on the key pad. Worked great when in hotels and I did not want to attach my earphones.

Is anyone having the same issue? I presume this is "user error" and could really use some assistance. Thank you in advance for your replies.
    05-23-09 08:04 AM
    Are you positive the speaker isn't turning on? I know when I turn mine onto speaker the volume defaults to a rather low setting, this coupled with the fact that the 8330 has a nutoriously quiet speaker sometimes make it seem like the speaker function isn't working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 08:28 AM
    Yes, It tuns on just fine. Hummmm
    05-23-09 08:31 AM
    Yeah, hmmnnn...lol. Try doing a battery pull and see if that helps. Btw which os are you running?

05-23-09 09:01 AM
    Hit menu and activate speakerphone. You just have the handset activated.

05-23-09 09:10 AM
    You should not have to turn the speaker on. The media player plays over the loudspeaker by default. If you hit the speakerphone button it will start playing through the earpiece which is why you can't hear it. Just start playing your music without pressing the speakerphone button and see if that works. It does for me.

05-23-09 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD