I am pretty sure the internal speaker (when used in regular talk mode, not speaker phone mode) is blown. Call quality has gotten much worse. It happened after smeone was blasting music on my phone. I bought an OEM replacement loudspeaker and am about to switch it but wonder if the earpiece and speaker phone speakers are the same piece or if there are two separate speakers.

I have a curve 8300. Again, I am almost certain that this is hardware-related as it happened after the phone was played REALLY loudly.

Brad
    06-17-10 11:17 AM
    The speaker for the speakerphone/music (external speaker) is different than the one for talking on the phone (non-speakerphone mode), so it is doubtful that it was damaged by playing music loudly on it. However, I did have a bad internal speaker on my 8330 before. The sound was "buzzy" and distorted.

FYI, if you are on Verizon, your device is an 8330, not an 8300.
    06-17-10 01:24 PM
    I am having similar problems with my earpiece speaker (non-speakerphone.) I think I dropped it once and it knocked around the speaker or caused some type of damage. The internal speaker has a bad buzzing sound when call volume is above or around 50%.

xsliderider how did you go about fixing/replacing your bad internal speaker on your 8330?

Thanks for any help
    06-18-10 12:58 AM
    Never did it, but here is the part:

Curve speaker

It was an eBay purchase, so I returned the BB for a refund.
    06-18-10 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD