After doing some research on WTF was actually happening with my phone, it seems to be having speaker blast issues. I checked T-Mobile's site and I am running the latest software (4.5.0.81) yet this problem started only a few days ago. Any ideas? Do I need to downgrade the software?

Another recent issue is that the alarm only rings once! This also started very recently and is really annoying since I use my BB as my alarm clock I've checked and reckecked the very few settings in the alarm program, restarted the phone countless times, and both problems are still occuring as of this morning. I'm guessing both are related since they started around the same time?
    08-21-09 03:31 PM
    I've never heard of the speakerblast issue on a GSM phone before.

It is a known issue on the CDMA 8330 Curves running certain OS versions.
    08-21-09 03:35 PM
    Have you loaded any apps lately? I guess you have done the battery pull? You might reload your os...
    08-21-09 03:45 PM
    Have you loaded any apps lately? I guess you have done the battery pull? You might reload your os...
    No new apps.
    I haven't taken out the battery yet actually...I have one of those hard plastic snap-on covers that are almost impossible to get off, so I will pry it off today (along with a fingernail I'm sure) and see what happens.
    08-21-09 03:58 PM
    Battery pull worked for both problems! Thank you!
    08-24-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD