Hello all! I couldn't find a really good response in the forums to an issue I have.

My spacebar on my Curve seems to be "stuck" down. It doesn't click like the other keys, and I have to press super hard for it to work. I had to swap out to horrid phone since the etxra effort to space was growing annoying. My phone isn't under any warranty, and it was something I bought off of a friend awhile back. I'm sure the store wouldn't be of any help because of that situation.

Question is...what should I do? Take it apart and clean the board, replace it, or stick with my crappy replacement until my upgrade Decemeber 1st? Blackberry withdrawal sucks
    10-05-10 01:51 PM
    I would take the phone apart and see if you can clean it out. If that doesn't work, then I would replace the keypad. It isn't that difficult and the keypads are really cheap online.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 08:14 PM
    Hello all! I couldn't find a really good response in the forums to an issue I have.

My spacebar on my Curve seems to be "stuck" down. It doesn't click like the other keys, and I have to press super hard for it to work. I had to swap out to horrid phone since the etxra effort to space was growing annoying. My phone isn't under any warranty, and it was something I bought off of a friend awhile back. I'm sure the store wouldn't be of any help because of that situation.

Question is...what should I do? Take it apart and clean the board, replace it, or stick with my crappy replacement until my upgrade Decemeber 1st? Blackberry withdrawal sucks
    I would take it to your local carrier store and ask if a tech could take a look at it. I take my BB in periodically to ask to clean my trackball and they replace it with a new one. Although you didn't buy you phone through them, you are paying them a lot of money for your service. If you ask nicely, it is worth a try.
    10-07-10 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD