I have an odd situation.

After I unplug my phone from the charger, it works great for about 3-4 hours. Then, suddenly and for no apparent reason, the sound no longer works. I still receive calls, but no ringing. I can go to media player and it says that the media player is busy and will not play sounds. However, if I do a battery pull, the sound will be fine.

I have no problem with actually making/receiving calls or hearing the conversation, just no rings.

This also happens at random when I switch profiles... for example, if I switch from Silent to Normal. The profiles will show that Normal is active, but still no sound.

I have wiped my phone and gone a day without any additional apps and it still does it so I know it is not an app causing the problem.

It is still under warranty, but VZW is giving me a headache about it since I had to replace my 8330 less than a month ago (also under warranty and for a separate issue)

Any ideas?
    06-01-10 01:11 PM
    Are you using sounds on a microSD card? Maybe the card's gone bad and needs to be formatted.
    06-01-10 08:46 PM
    06-01-10 11:50 PM
    With the clock app open hit Menu/Options and check your bedside mode settings. I have had these settings mess mine up before. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD