I have just made the upgrade from the Pearl 2 to the 8330 Curve!!!! YEAH!!!! It will come in about 3-5 days. And for those of you Sprint people out there worried about the upgrade price . . . I called and said I wanted to cancel cuz AT&T was offering me the phone at $99 and was willing to buyout my contract. At first they brought the phone down to $250 and then when I said no they lowered it to the $150 "new customer" price. Just a piece of information
    07-24-08 07:41 PM
    Congrats and good bargaining on your part.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 07:42 PM
    WELCOME.. and its always fun to "sale" sales people...
    07-24-08 07:43 PM
    I have just made the upgrade from the Pearl 2 to the 8330 Curve!!!! YEAH!!!! It will come in about 3-5 days. And for those of you Sprint people out there worried about the upgrade price . . . I called and said I wanted to cancel cuz AT&T was offering me the phone at $99 and was willing to buyout my contract. At first they brought the phone down to $250 and then when I said no they lowered it to the $150 "new customer" price. Just a piece of information
    So what!!! j/p wit'cha
    You're going to love it. Congrats!! I just made the same switch Monday.
    07-24-08 07:44 PM
    omg you'll never put it down...the kids I look after at work have started walking around with their gameboys pretending to be me...
    07-24-08 07:59 PM
    Not bad, not bad... but I got my upgrade from the Pearl to the Curve for free... I'm good like that
    07-24-08 08:11 PM
    Well, I got my Curve the very next day, last Friday. And since the weekend is now coming to a close, I just wanna say that I LOVE my new Curve. It's such a difference coming from the SureType tp a full keyboard, not to mention how much faster the phone is with loading thanks tp the greater amount of memory Tand I'm glad I know no longer have to worry about the "memory leak" problem)!!!

07-27-08 03:13 PM
    Congrats! i'll let my buddy know about how you got it done cause he has sprint and wants a BB really bad. Thanks
    07-27-08 04:15 PM
    Wow 150? What a hustler! Lol. Enjoy!

07-27-08 04:22 PM
    Starz you say there's a big difference coming from suretype? I have a pearl and I was wondering which you like better? Like us typing on the curve easier or harder for you. I probably won't switch over for a long long time but I would to be able to save my texts forever, they're memories IMO lol but memory is an issue. But alas I love my suretype for now.

07-27-08 04:23 PM
    I just upgraded from the Pearl to my Curve about a week ago, and I like the full QWERTY much more than SureType. Of course SureType is a great innovation, but I just like the freedom of having a QWERTY keyboard and being able to spell out my own words and make custom words, it just makes everything a lot easier. And if you upgraded to the Curve, with your carrier Sprint (or Verizon), their Curve has 96mb of memory (which I'm sure you already knew) compared to everyone else's 64mb... more room for your saved messages and overall less lag
    07-27-08 04:26 PM
    Starz you say there's a big difference coming from suretype? I have a pearl and I was wondering which you like better? Like us typing on the curve easier or harder for you. I probably won't switch over for a long long time but I would to be able to save my texts forever, they're memories IMO lol but memory is an issue. But alas I love my suretype for now.

Well, I can say that it did take some getting used to. I wanted to tap the same button for different letters as they were on the Pearl. The smaller keys did take a little adjustment as well, but I can say that just after about 5 hours of having it (I text a lot and google things like crazy on BB, so there's a lot of typing involved on this little device!), I had it down. So, I'm not gonna say one's better than the other, it's just all in the handling. But can I just say one thing about the Pearl vs. Curve typing? You definitely don't have that probably of having to delete the whole word to change one letter in a word! I hated that . . . now it's much simpler.
    07-27-08 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD