Hi all, im going to be getting a BB Curve 8330 thru BoostMobile soon and i have a question about how the media syncing works.

OK, so if i copy song files over to the BB using DM, will it copy the whole files over to the SD card, or does it just sync similar to an ipod?
    09-10-10 02:51 PM
    If you enable the Mass Storage Mode option, you don't need the DM. Your pc will see your bb as a removable disk something like Drive: E or F. You can then access the media folder destination and drag and drop multiple files all at once.

Edit: From the home screen press Menu/Options/Memory.
    Compression-Enabled
    Media Card Support-ON
    Mass Storage Mode Support-ON
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected-Yes

I have the same phone and this is how mine is setup. Works like a charm. Enjoy your Blackberry!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 09-10-10 at 03:19 PM.
    09-10-10 03:14 PM
    thx for the info, altho ive already read thru the forums and knew that...what i really wanted to know is if you have to copy the entire files to the sd card, or will it work kinda like an ipod, where it only syncs an image of the file?
    09-10-10 03:53 PM
    i rip CDs in windows media and use DM to sync them over so the database dosnt get all wacky (if you just drag n drop mp3s into the phone they play fine but are not entered into the database unless you put them in the right spot)

the 8330 is a pretty good MP3 player and i hear you can make phone calls on it to.
    im on boost mobile to be sure to get a bigger microSD i have 8gb on mine but i think u can go as high as 32gb

you will also want to install the hybrid OS or you will hate the phone (the stock OS is full of memory leaks)
    Last edited by lysergic; 09-11-10 at 01:51 AM.
    09-11-10 01:46 AM
    thx a lot...i already have downloaded the latest hybrid, and other files i need. That way its all set and ready to go when i get my BB...i think only thing im missing is the stock precision zen theme for the 8330.
    09-11-10 10:37 AM
    thx a lot...i already have downloaded the latest hybrid, and other files i need. That way its all set and ready to go when i get my BB...i think only thing im missing is the stock precision zen theme for the 8330.
    I'm pretty sure the stock themes come with the hybrid.
    Did you download the stock OS for boost from blackberry.com?

09-11-10 10:48 AM
    yes i did....i followed all the steps including shrink-a-os, up until the parts where ya need the phone plugged in, since i dont actually have it yet...i didnt actually see any files labeled precision though so im not sure if its with the hybrid.

I did get the latest hybrid from bbtweaks, though.
    09-11-10 11:26 AM
    yes i did....i followed all the steps including shrink-a-os, up until the parts where ya need the phone plugged in, since i dont actually have it yet...i didnt actually see any files labeled precision though so im not sure if its with the hybrid.

I did get the latest hybrid from bbtweaks, though.
    It might pull them from the backup files,I didn't give any thought to them. And after I was done the custom theme I built was still there and active.

LOL you might want to hold off for a few days so you can appreciate the difference it makes.

09-11-10 11:33 AM
    true, i figured id prolly do that anyway...play with it about a week with the stock 5.0 OS on it when i get it, then load in the hybrid
    09-11-10 11:50 AM
    Keep in mind that; it's going to come with some serious memory issues and you will want to yank the battery a lot.
    Remember (alt+shift+del) is your friend it will reset the phone with out yanking the battery.

09-11-10 11:56 AM
    hmmm a battery pull shortcut...great, thx for the info

Oh, and I just checked the hybrid folder on my pc...it does have the precision zen .cod file, so i guess ill be all set
    Last edited by bart2712; 09-11-10 at 12:39 PM.
    09-11-10 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD