Okay. This what I am wondering: the iPhone has this thing, where: if your riding in a car...and a song comes on, on the radio....and you don't know who or what it is, it has an app that records the audio, analyzes it and indentifies the song. Now, I heard that the iPhone wasn't the first phone to come with an app like that. BUT IS THERE ONE AVAILABLE FOR THE BACKBERRY? PERTICULARLY 8300 SERIES?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 10:07 PM
    Yep, get yourself a copy of shazam. It does exactly what you want it to do. It's free for five song id's a month, and if you want more than that you can spend $5 one time to get unlimited song ids.
    07-26-09 10:11 PM
    Dude!! You Are Awsome!!

07-26-09 10:14 PM
    OR you can just google the lyrics of the song like this

"you liked me till you heard my sh*t on the radio" lyrics

then you'll get the song name and lyrics at the same time FOR FREE
    07-27-09 12:54 AM
    OR you can just google the lyrics of the song like this

"you liked me till you heard my sh*t on the radio" lyrics

then you'll get the song name and lyrics at the same time FOR FREE
    Thats exactly what I do when I run out of shazam tags for the month actually

Some people might not have a good enough memory to do that though
    07-27-09 01:23 AM
    whats the link for shazzam?
    07-29-09 10:22 PM
    07-29-09 10:52 PM
    Yep, get yourself a copy of shazam. It does exactly what you want it to do. It's free for five song id's a month, and if you want more than that you can spend $5 one time to get unlimited song ids.
    I see people say you only get a few free tags a month, but I have not hit any limit using it for free yet. I spent one night using it to identify the names of songs on about 6 or 7 mix cds that I was copying onto my computer - about 20 songs each - and not once was told I was out of tags for the month.

How can that be if there is a 5 tags a month limit?

07-30-09 01:53 AM
    I see people say you only get a few free tags a month, but I have not hit any limit using it for free yet. I spent one night using it to identify the names of songs on about 6 or 7 mix cds that I was copying onto my computer - about 20 songs each - and not once was told I was out of tags for the month.

How can that be if there is a 5 tags a month limit?

If you just recently downloaded Shazam, you are probably still within your free trial period. If so, you can Tag songs til your hearts content! (Or you run out of mix cd's )
    07-30-09 06:03 AM
    i assume your not with verzion, vzw just released the vcast song id, i program that does just what your looking for and there is no limitations as to how many songs can be identified. you find it in the black berry home page and then under where it says apps.
    07-30-09 06:09 AM
    i assume your not with verzion, vzw just released the vcast song id, i program that does just what your looking for and there is no limitations as to how many songs can be identified. you find it in the black berry home page and then under where it says apps.
    Check the OP's info... Carrier- Sprint/Nextel. No assumptions required. (By the way, I don't mean to come off as a **** by any means, just trying to let ya know)
    07-30-09 06:23 AM
    If you just recently downloaded Shazam, you are probably still within your free trial period. If so, you can Tag songs til your hearts content! (Or you run out of mix cd's )

Ah, ok. Thank you. Everyone always mentions the tag limit but not that there is a period with no limit.

07-30-09 04:37 PM
    Ah, ok. Thank you. Everyone always mentions the tag limit but not that there is a period with no limit.

No problem at all. Its nice to be of some help to a fellow addict! Of course, if we go by post count, I've still got a little over 400 to go before I reach that status here!
    07-30-09 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD