hey guys and gals

very new had my curve since about wednesday. just now i got a email verification of delivery so i opened it and closed it and randomly my screen went black keyboard lit up and the red indicator light came on. stayed like that for a few minutes. then an hourglass came up for a min...and then a dl bar came up and said security verification process....back to normal now...but does anyone know what the heck that is and if its normal. should i take it back and get a new one. thanks!
    07-26-08 08:33 PM
    Hi and Welcome to CrackBerry. Sounds like your BB reset on you. I dont know what to tell you other than if the problem persist, then take it back.
    07-26-08 08:39 PM
    Appers the device did a reset. Keep an eye on it. Sounds like it might been a memory issue and the reset fixed it.

Welcome to CB
    07-26-08 08:40 PM
    check memory, and if youre sitting on more than 10 and it keeps doing this take it back. that could get annoying.
    07-26-08 08:47 PM
    check memory, and if youre sitting on more than 10 and it keeps doing this take it back. that could get annoying.
    Not just the #10.... it would be 10xxxxxx you'll be looking for 8 numbers; lower than that an you dont have enough file free memory.

Just post back to us what your file free numbers are. We'll help you from there.
    07-26-08 08:50 PM
    Easy way to check free files is at the home screen hold alt+shift and 'h' keys OR Options-->Status. Either way works. Just make sure you close out either window so it does not stay on in background when you see switch applications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD