I keep hearing different things and need to get this settled. Hubby and I both have tmo but are thinking of going to att. Both att and tmo csr's say that we CAN NOT use out tmo phones unlocked or not with att because of some setting issue or some bs. Is it true? is it not ? help me out pls !!
    10-11-08 04:17 AM
    No and yes, you wont be able to use the 3g function of att on your tmo phones because of the different frequency tmobile uses. The functionality on your phone in making and receiving calls will remain the same though.
    10-11-08 04:25 AM
    Everything works but 3g. Sold my t-mobile 8100 to a friend who has att and he has no problems. The phone just needs to be unlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 05:58 AM
    If you have a curve it doesn't matter because they don't support 3G. Everything will work fine.
    10-11-08 07:47 AM
    I keep hearing different things and need to get this settled. Hubby and I both have tmo but are thinking of going to att. Both att and tmo csr's say that we CAN NOT use out tmo phones unlocked or not with att because of some setting issue or some bs. Is it true? is it not ? help me out pls !!
    I have att...wondering why you are looking to switch from Tmo.....as I was considering changing carriers next year to Tmo.
    10-11-08 08:52 AM
    so the data and all that stuff will work? We live in Hawaii so 3g proly wont b here anytime soon, so that I dont care about. Its the data plan that i worry about. I hate tmo.... i have absolutely no signal in my house and even the wifi wont stay connected. Att does get signal in my house.
    10-11-08 05:24 PM
    Signal is one thing that is very subjective. I have family in the states in different cities and one would say that their carrier is the best and the other would swear just the opposite.

Usa is quite a big country so obviously no carrier will have good coverage everywhere.

I usually tell people that's the first thing they should find out before choosing a carreir....how the reception is where they're gonna be using the phone. The rest like handset options, customer service and price is secondary.

To answer ur question, everything should work fine between att and tmo, UNLESS its a 3G device judt because tmo chose to use a different frequency for 3G. The bold is the only 3G device in usa so unless ure talking about the bold then switching will be no problem.

10-11-08 06:51 PM
    TMo has a very good signal where I live, but I am wondering about your WiFi not working now. My device on my home WiFi is super fast and I never get dropped off. Plus the free UMA calling is an added bonus. Go through and follow BMC's WiFi set up and then see how you feel about WiFi.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

Signal is the most important thing and I'm not just a TMo fan. If you get a better signal with someone else, go for it! I put the WiFi info up so you can improve your service now.

10-11-08 07:20 PM
    TMo has a very good signal where I live, but I am wondering about your WiFi not working now. My device on my home WiFi is super fast and I never get dropped off. Plus the free UMA calling is an added bonus. Go through and follow BMC's WiFi set up and then see how you feel about WiFi.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

Signal is the most important thing and I'm not just a TMo fan. If you get a better signal with someone else, go for it! I put the WiFi info up so you can improve your service now.

yeah i did try that. Didnt fix the problem tho, and I even warrenty exchanged my bb for a different reason and it doesnt work any better on that one either. No matter where the military has sent us, tmobile has never worked in our home. Maybe something on base blocking signal or something ? **** i dont know cause people with att and verizon are fine in our house.
    10-11-08 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD