Please. I'm not being lazy. I've tried everything I can to resolve this issue myself. I've read every post i can find on these forums about adding languages. I've tried several different multilnguage OS and multilanguage DM instalations to get German loaded onto my VZW 8330.

No matter what I do, I always end up with the same two options in DM under Language and Input Support: French and Spanish.

I've read posts saying how easy it is to load a new language, but I have not found it to be easy at all. Please someone help me.

If you have a Verizon Wireless 8330 Curve with German, Italian, ect... successfully loaded, please, please, respond to this post and tell me how you did it, please! This is driving me crazy!
    02-21-09 12:43 PM
    The problem is, CDMA is a technology only used in North America. The multilanguage packages support only the languages used in North America.

English, French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese.

The multilanguage packages used by GSM carriers have support for European or Asian languages.

Now for the tricky part, it "may" be possible to install a language package from one to the other. The files are identifiable, the ALX installation file can be edited.

I have not tried it, but there was a post recently where a similar edit and copy success was reported.

If you only need to read Korean, then upgrade to Device Software 4.5
    However, to input Korean you can get a Tmobile Curve with Device Software 4.5
    To get Korean input on Verizon, Sprint or ATT Curve you need to take the following steps to extract certain files from another carrier that supports Korean input and put them into your phone.

(1) Download Blackberry Desktop 4.7 multilanguage version from blackberry.com
    blackberry.com/Download...B93E4F3BB068C22
    (sorry can't post url yet - just add www. to beginning)

(2) Go to Blackberry Device Software section and select Asia Pacific - Indosat
    na.blackberry.com/eng/suppor...nload_sites.jsp
    (just add http:// to beginning)

(3) From Indosat select Blackberry Curve 8320 for the Curve

(4) Then go back to the Blackberry Device Software section and select your carrier (e.g. North America - Verizon Curve 8330, Sprint Curve 8320, ATT Curve 8310, Tmobile Curve 8320) and download the latest OS for your blackberry Curve -- version 4.5 for now

(5) Install Blackberry Desktop first then the two Device Softwares

(6) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

(7) Open the Indosat version folder. Open the Java folder

(8) Copy net_rim_tid_Korean.cod and net_rim_bb_options_korean.cod

(9) Go back to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and open your carrier version folder (e.g. For Verizon the folder is called "8330-v4.5.0.77_P3.2.0.51")

(10) Open the Java folder in your carrier version folder and paste the copied files in there

(11) Go back to your carrier folder and find CJK.alx (e.g. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\<your carrier folder>\CJK.alx)

(12) Use notepad to open and edit CJK.alx Use Ctrl+F to find "net_rim_font_korean.cod" You will see this:

</language>
    <fileset Java="1.0">
    <directory>Java</directory>
    <files>
    net_rim_font_korean.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_transcoding_data_EUC_KR.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_transcoding_data_x_Johab.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_transcoding_data_KSC5601.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    </application>

(13) Add these two lines and save (no need to make them italic):

</language>
    <fileset Java="1.0">
    <directory>Java</directory>
    <files>
    net_rim_tid_Korean.cod
    net_rim_bb_options_korean.cod
    net_rim_font_korean.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_transcoding_data_EUC_KR.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_transcoding_data_x_Johab.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_transcoding_data_KSC5601.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    </application>

(14) Delete Vendor.xml from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader -- This is very important!!!

(15) Run Blackberry Desktop and connect your phone. It will begin the upgrade process for your device.

(16) Check the Korean Font check box and follow the installation process. THE UPGRADE PROCESS TAKES A LONG TIME. IT MAY APPEAR FROZEN BUT DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR PHONE UNTIL IT HAS COMPLETELY REBOOTED AND THE DESKTOP SOFTWARE TELLS YOU IT HAS FINISHED!

(17) On your Blackberry, go to Options -> Language -> Input Language to change from English or 한글 or you could use alt-[Enter] to change on-the-fly.

Forgot to mention that you need to do following additional steps before you disconnect your phone from your computer:

(17a) In Blackberry Desktop Manager, run "Application Loader" again.

(17b) Then select "Update Software"

(17c) You will be shown multiple selections (such as "4.5 (Current)" and "4.5.101 (Current)" - Uncheck the 4.5 and check 4.5.101) - then click Finish

(18) You're done.
    02-21-09 02:01 PM
    The problem is, CDMA is a technology only used in North America. The multilanguage packages support only the languages used in North America.

English, French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese.

The multilanguage packages used by GSM carriers have support for European or Asian languages.

Now for the tricky part, it "may" be possible to install a language package from one to the other. The files are identifiable, the ALX installation file can be edited.

I have not tried it, but there was a post recently where a similar edit and copy success was reported.

Has anyone tried this yet? I've been searching a way to input korean language myself

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 04:12 PM
    Thank You So Much! I will try the process and let you know how it works.

My question is, how do I find the German OS? I imagine I just need to log on to the German BB site and download it from there. Is that correct?
    02-21-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD