Okay so I have no idea whats going on with my curve! Im not getting any sounds from anything on my phone. That includes: Phone calls...SMS...MMS....EMAIL...MUSIC...ALARM (Profile always on LOUD). Some days my phone will work and some days not. Ive seen some people say to just "Pull the battery" but that fixes it for the time being, doesnt solve the solution. Isn't the answer for everything! lol. My biggest concern is I use my alarm to get up of a morning on my BB, and now with profile set on "Loud" still doesn't ring. Is anyone having problems with this sence the OS 4.5 update? When I click on my songs...ALL SONGS...a message always pops up and says: (Error Playing: Device Media, Processor is busy). Now all of this has worked fine up till about 2 weeks ago. Thats what I dont understand, my update to 4.5 was over a month ago... And ive also gotten the message: Uncaught Exception, thread is not ready...something like that. I mean I love this phone but it has caused me a lot of problems! And when you pay this much for a phone, should not have to just settle with "Do a battery pull 3 times a day". SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! Also is OS 5.0 available yet???
    Last edited by JoshuaWCU; 03-01-10 at 06:07 PM.
    03-01-10 06:04 PM
    The sound on mine stops working when I type while BBM messages are coming in too fast. It's rare and a battery pull fixes it always. I find that if I go easy with BBM, only text to 1 or 2 people at once instead of 4, it's a non issues

Check you memory, and see how much free memory you have. I like to keep mine about 30MB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 06:12 PM
    Thanks for the reply! But no my phone just does this, not because im sending to many messages etc etc...im saying all day the sound doesnt work. Unless I pull the battery, then it will work for a hour or 2 before everything stops again, so the battery pull is a Temp. fix. Has this been common with the 4.5 upgrade? And where can I find on my phone the option to view my memory? I have a mem card as well. Thanks!
    03-01-10 06:23 PM
    if your runnin .175 thats probably the problem. I have heard people say it can be buggy with the sounds. I have .175 and I only have had to pull the battery once so far. My suggestion would be try a hybrid 5.0 OS or the new 4.5 update. I cant remember the number though.
    03-01-10 06:24 PM
    Was going to also note that when I do the battery pull...all sounds/notifications/music will work. But if i lay the phone down for a while, it decides to just stop, nothing I pused to make it do that or anything, just stops. Only way I can tell im getting messages is the blinking light. And call says calling etc etc...no ring!
    03-01-10 06:26 PM
    Thanks cbrown61, im currently running v4.5.0.175 (Platform 3.4.0.55)
    03-01-10 06:27 PM
    So there is a new'er update then what I have?
    03-01-10 06:30 PM
    There's a new 4.5? Did it just come out? Am I late to the party.

03-01-10 06:32 PM
    well im on sprint, and there is a 4.5.0.186 out now. If you go to options, advanced, wireless update see what it says. I just did it for mine and the .186 is available. If it doesnt show up there, search this forum and there are links to download it.
    03-01-10 06:35 PM
    Mine says no updates available ughhhhhh
    03-01-10 06:41 PM
    OMIGOD my Curve 8330 is doing the EXACT same thing. It will work for a bit and completely quit making all sounds!

I, too, use my BB alarm as my sole means of wake-up alert!

Can anyone please, please, please help us figure out a solution and not a temporary fix???

Thanks!
    03-02-10 01:49 PM
    OMIGOD my Curve 8330 is doing the EXACT same thing. It will work for a bit and completely quit making all sounds!

I, too, use my BB alarm as my sole means of wake-up alert!

Can anyone please, please, please help us figure out a solution and not a temporary fix???

Thanks!
    Updating the OS seems to be good fix for most... Either to .186 or a 5.0 hybrid should fix it.

03-02-10 07:45 PM
    Joshua,

I was able to find a solution in the forums! I performed the steps yesterday and it worked! My BB is healed! It's a miracle!

I can't figure out how to link the thread with this reply, so here is the info I can offer. I hope that it works for you! The post was created by tgirl3366 and it is entitled My phone stopped ringing. I fixed it, but
    It was posted on 02/25/2010 at 11:35 pm. Sorry I can't link to it, but there you go! Hope it helps!

LMM
    03-03-10 11:14 AM
    omygawwwd!! goin mad!! my phone (8330) has no sound aswell!!! did anyone find a solution??? i called sprint am sappose to take my "new' in to be looked @ the rep said somethin about configuring something???? huh???? please help!
    03-05-10 10:54 AM
    well im on sprint, and there is a 4.5.0.186 out now. If you go to options, advanced, wireless update see what it says. I just did it for mine and the .186 is available. If it doesnt show up there, search this forum and there are links to download it.
    Hello!
    I'm a complete BB newb. I just purchased a refurbished 8330 (Sprint) from a usually reliable company. After charging, went through the menu, looking around. I wanted to listen to the ringers, I choose one, it played about 4 seconds & then nothing. I've tried the battery pull, changing profile setting (loud), Audio enhancement & updating to 4.5 but, nothing I've tried seems to work. I'm wiping it now in my last attempt before I ship it back. Is there anything I missed? Also, I'm willing to try the hybrid if I can find the correct one for a Sprint 8830. Thanks!
    06-10-10 08:38 AM
    Speaker contacts might be loose. Might need to do some surgery.

06-10-10 12:56 PM
    06-17-10 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD