Hey folks.....
    I recently went from the Verizon 8830 to the 8330 Curve. On recommendation from the VZ rep that I got the phone from, he said to delete the version of Desktop Manger (4.3) that i had running on my comupter, and resinstall the newer software taht came with the phone itself becuase it was slightly newer. No biggie there. However....Now I have a couple things I cant figure out.

When I simply connected the phone after install, and set up the snych settings, everything worked great until I opened Media manager.
    The roxio subscreen opened up, and where as before on the 8830 I would see the BB folder and subfolders, I saw only a little camera icon, and it said Blackberry SD. But I was unable to open the icon to get my pictures off device memory or my card. I enabled the option on the phone to turn on mass media and it was now there.

BUT....I have a picture of my son that is on the phones SD card, its set as a homepage wallpaper. Each time I hook the phone to the computer via USB and engage Desktop Mangager, everyting works ok, including the media manager, however as soon as I disconnect the phone....I lose the saved homescreen image. I have to go back and reset it each time i disconnect.

Thoughts?

Also, on the BB Curve there is an extra folder in media under Pictures for "Camera" its where the pics I take default to upon saving. But Media Manager doesn't recognize this folder. So If i want to see them via the USB and media manager, I have to move them using the phone from that camera folder to "My Pictures" folder that I set up.

Is this normal?

Any help or direction would be great!

Thanks,
    TJ
    06-03-08 08:15 AM
    I enabled the option on the phone to turn on mass media and it was now there.
    Upon asking this, you can check the box that says "Do not ask again" that will allow it to be ready everytime you connect.

BUT....I have a picture of my son that is on the phones SD card, its set as a homepage wallpaper. Each time I hook the phone to the computer via USB and engage Desktop Mangager, everyting works ok, including the media manager, however as soon as I disconnect the phone....I lose the saved homescreen image. I have to go back and reset it each time i disconnect.
    Did, you move the picture? If you re-located the picture, the phone will default to the original wallpaper. It locates it via an address or sub-folder address. So if you move it, it no longer recognizes it!

Also, on the BB Curve there is an extra folder in media under Pictures for "Camera" its where the pics I take default to upon saving. But Media Manager doesn't recognize this folder. So If i want to see them via the USB and media manager, I have to move them using the phone from that camera folder to "My Pictures" folder that I set up.
    Is this folder saved to the device memory? Or the Card? If it's saved to the device, I do not believe you will be able to see it via Media Manager. Media manager is to view files saved to your memory card.

Hope this helps! Any body else? Please correct if im wrong
    06-03-08 08:27 AM
    TJ - as far as the homepage wallpaper - try moving the image of your son to the device's (the blackberry's) memory. Remember when you're connected via USB the micro sd card loses some functionality. that should solve that problem.
    The camera defaulting to your camera folder - well that is one I too am trying to figure out. Haven't played with my Verizon 8330's camera function much but i will try to work on this today and possible get back to you with a solution. Keep on crackin'!
    06-03-08 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD