So I am very new to the blackberry and have been learning as I go, but I do have a few questions that I can't seem to find an answer to.

If I download apps/games, can those apps and games be sent to another blackberry?

How fast is the internet SUPPOSED to be on these devices? I am not expecting lightning fast speeds, but I would expect faster than dial up?

Some problems with BB messenger....My wife and I both added each other to the "add contact" list. I received her request and accepted it, but then it just adds her to pending, and on her phone it shows me pending as well.....where do you go from here?

I added my personal email address to the phone, and it created its own folder for that email address. However, those emails also show up under the general "messages" inbox on the phone. Is there anyway to keep emails from showing up there and only showing up in the respective email folder?

Thanks a bunch!
    02-28-09 09:27 AM
    So I am very new to the blackberry and have been learning as I go, but I do have a few questions that I can't seem to find an answer to.

If I download apps/games, can those apps and games be sent to another blackberry?

How fast is the internet SUPPOSED to be on these devices? I am not expecting lightning fast speeds, but I would expect faster than dial up?

Some problems with BB messenger....My wife and I both added each other to the "add contact" list. I received her request and accepted it, but then it just adds her to pending, and on her phone it shows me pending as well.....where do you go from here?

I added my personal email address to the phone, and it created its own folder for that email address. However, those emails also show up under the general "messages" inbox on the phone. Is there anyway to keep emails from showing up there and only showing up in the respective email folder?

Thanks a bunch!
    First off welcome to crackberry.

Speed will faster than dial up - many factors can affect this. Average speeds you can see with thisd device can be 400-700 KBPS

BB Msg - go into options>security options> fire wall and disable it. Then in security as well go into general and disable content protection. Then resend your invites.

All messages go into the general messages icon. you can seperate your email and SMS by doing the following:

In the msg icon go to menu>options>Genreal option> SMS ams email boxes>change to sperate from theme controlled.

as for the games, sonce I do not do this, I am not 100% sure, but if you pay for them and register them, they general will work on your current device only. sometimes if you have chage the device and then contact the mfg of that game they can help as well. I will defer to others though for more details
    02-28-09 09:35 AM
    Thank you, very helpful. I checked the security settings as you suggested and they were already disabled. We both were able to "accept" the invite, and once we accepted, it just shows pending on both phones.....thats where I am not sure to go from there.

Also.....can you disable email notification sounds....but leave SMS tones/vibrate on?
    02-28-09 10:51 AM
    Sounds like you might benefit from 101 lecture series. Give it a try...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...lecture+series
    02-28-09 11:02 AM
    Thank you, very helpful. I checked the security settings as you suggested and they were already disabled. We both were able to "accept" the invite, and once we accepted, it just shows pending on both phones.....thats where I am not sure to go from there.

Also.....can you disable email notification sounds....but leave SMS tones/vibrate on?
    Yes, go to Profiles, scroll down to advanced profiles, select your E-mail settings, edit and save. You can also create a custom profile to do almost any thing you want.

Make sure while you have the edit fields open you check out the many options there. Wherever you can put a cursor there is an option.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-28-09 at 12:06 PM.
    02-28-09 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD