Just now, i just tried to install OS 4.5.0.52 on my BlackBerry Curve 8320...
    Well, it waz loading onto the phone, everything waz fine... So i left to take a shower, when i got back, it said it waz unable to reconnect with the multi thing...

Its not the symptoms of a nuked berry, it has a a little window where the hourglass is supposed to be, and theres a circle around it, and a line goin diagonally through it, and the numbers 507 under it...

I dont know what happened, someone please help me... it wont even connect to my pc...

Any help would be appreciated...

PANIC ATTACK!!!
    07-31-08 11:20 PM
    Do not worry... you are fine!

*deep breath... relax*

This is a normal thing to occur when loading, but it usually only displays for a quick instant and then continues to load the OS!!

Check out my "Proper Upgrade / Downgrade Procedure" tutorial and it will walk you through the steps, this specific 507 error is a warning... follow the necessary steps and you will be fine. Link is in my singnature
    07-31-08 11:23 PM
    it wont connect at all, ive tried over and over... no connection, so im not sure if it wiped or not... *sigh* craptastic
    08-01-08 12:17 AM
    It is wiped. The 507 error shows that. It's time to start the apploader and begin the installation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 08-01-08 at 12:43 AM.
    08-01-08 12:25 AM
    When it is installing, like the instructions say, do not unplug until it has completed.

Are you there, Mike? Here is info from the JL_com page:

12) Now you will see a white screen with a'507' Error Don't worry, this is what you want! You are now ready to install the OS.

13) Open the DM

14) Select Apploader and step your way to the finish. After the OS is installed, it will take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to reboot the device. DO NOT UNPLUG THE DEVICE UNTIL THE APPLOADER SCREEN SAYS "THE LOADING OPERATION WAS SUCCESSFUL!!

15) Almost done. Now, with the DM still open go to the Main page and Select "Backup & Restore" and restore from the backup that was made before wiping.

That's it! You have now wiped your device withJL_Cmder
    Make sure you follow the instructions, and you shouldn't have a problem. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by exelant; 08-01-08 at 12:42 AM.
    08-01-08 12:26 AM
    i tried and tried, it wont recognize my device... i tried to load the os but it just wont connect... everything is physically conncected, but it wont recognize the device and load... this is like so much worse than a nuked bb...
    08-01-08 12:49 AM
    This happened to me once. Power down your computer and then pull the battery on your device. Plug the device in, power on the phone and wait for it to be completely powered on before turning on the computer, and it should find the device when it comes back on.

Are you running Vista or XP or what?

This process worked for me when I had a similar issue. Good luck.
    08-01-08 01:18 AM
    im running xp... y do u ask???
    08-01-08 01:30 AM
    This happened to me once. Power down your computer and then pull the battery on your device. Plug the device in, power on the phone and wait for it to be completely powered on before turning on the computer, and it should find the device when it comes back on.

ohhh, and thanx for the tip, im about to try that
    08-01-08 01:38 AM
    AHH!!! 3:30 am!!! Wow!!! K anywayz, the reloading waz a sucess, i apreciate your time and help... My blackberry owes its life to you guys... Now i know how it feels to panic, and have someone there to help... From now on, ill try to help people that are in need
    08-01-08 03:22 AM
    Thank you everyone for your help, i finally got my bb back to life!!! Whoah!!! Its 3:30am...
    08-01-08 03:39 AM
    That's good news. I had that paniced feeling once, then realized the apploader needed me to confirm the device and it took off a loading, . Let us know what you did to connect your Curve to DM, Mike. Congrats on a successful load. Oh, and welcome to CrackBerry.

08-01-08 07:26 AM
    That's good news. I had that paniced feeling once, then realized the apploader needed me to confirm the device and it took off a loading, . Let us know what you did to connect your Curve to DM, Mike. Congrats on a successful load. Oh, and welcome to CrackBerry.

Great advice and help on this thread exelant

It seems like nobody ever reads the notices and warnings once they see the '507' error It usually causes people to panic and freak out because their Berry is a useless brick for 5 minutes

But once they get it connected and loading, all is well...
    08-01-08 07:34 AM
    i had the same problem as you when i had my pearl. had the 507 and it wouldnt reconize it. i read the nuked BB post. i realized that it would reconzie it for a split second when i connected it (just would realize it was a BB) and i should start the reloading at that split second. it worked for me. glad to kno urs is workin now.
    08-01-08 08:08 AM

I did the following...

08-01-08 11:00 AM
    well I'm in the same boat right now. except As im following the guide with the apploader - my led isn't lit. I totally freaked out about 5 mins ago but we'll see what happens over the next hour or so.

anybody ever experience the lack of an LED...

wait never mind. Got the 507 error but the app loader is running

bear with me here...

load successfull - now - we play the waiting game
    08-01-08 07:24 PM
    victory. I love you crackberry.

edit - but my LED is working.
    Last edited by raymond; 08-01-08 at 09:50 PM.
    08-01-08 07:37 PM
    bump so others can read
    08-02-08 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD