Passing this info on from HoFo....

Please pm me info and I will pass it on to the user for contact with RIM...

Here is his post:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Solving the BlackBerry Curve/Pearl MMS speaker cutoff issue, please submit your data!

These people had me on hold forever but I just got off the phone with BlackBerry, as I have a paid support subscription since I support the BlackBerry users at my job. They said they have not heard of this issue before, but I opened a case number.

The tech e-mailed me and told me to reply with the following info for two or three affected BlackBerry devices. I am providing him with my own info, so that's one. It would be great if we could get a Pearl as well as a Sprint Curve in here, as I want to show him that the issue is real and widespread. The more the merrier though so even if you have a Verizon Curve like me, please submit your info. If you want to be part of the solution and are comfortable providing this, please PM me the following info:

Any environmental information you can provide.
    PIN
    Model Number
    Service Provider
    Software Version (Please include as much det
    Whether you are on a BIS or BES.

It will only be forwarded from me on to BlackBerry themselves.

In addition he said if I could forward him the exact contents of an MMS that caused this problem so that they can attempt to replicate it. I will give my e-mail to someone who can do this (or multiple people, via PM) so that they can send it to me and I can forward it on to BlackBerry.

He says if they can replicate it, they will consider it a known issue and will be fixed in a future release. If you have any questions please post them here and I can forward them on. I've also forwarded him links to these threads discussing the issue:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - "Hello, Hello...why can't I hear anything" BlackBerry Curve issue?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/me...-problem-26692/

If you know of more forums/threads discussing it please link me so that I can include them.

EDIT: If someone could link to this thread in that CrackBerry post to raise awareness that would be great, you have to have ten posts before posting a link though.
    05-15-08 10:30 PM
    I had this same issue. I've found that if I send myself an mms - video and receive it and open it my speaker works. I don't know if this will work for anyone else just something that I tried as an experiment and it worked for me. I hate waiting for the reboot etc after a reset.

So I get an mms try to make a call of course no sound - send myself an mms and open it I'm good to go kind of annoying but a little work around if it works for others.
    08-07-08 12:37 AM
    So it's a CDMA issue I guess.
    08-07-08 12:41 AM
    ^ yeah I think it is.
    08-07-08 04:03 AM
    Not sure why RIM is giving you such a hard time with it. We already (vzw) have communicated the issue with them its on the known device issue list. It happens on our pearl and curve. A swap or a FRU most likely will not solve your issue. As of today we still have no word on a sw update to correct the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 07:01 AM
    They say in a future release. Do you think that once an official 4.5 for cdma is released the issue may be resolved? or are ppl having the same issue w the beta's as well?
    08-07-08 09:47 AM
    No telling, that would be wise of them to correct it ASAP. I hate telling customers we know about it but no fix, well then again our pearl has a memory leak and nothing has been done about it yet.

08-07-08 10:49 AM
    Yeah that can be frustrating. Knowing the issue exists but no fix in sight. I'm a just hope the official 4.5 addresses it all - whenever that is.

08-07-08 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD