I am wondering why I have been with Sprint for so long

They sold me a curve a few months ago based on Salesmans bragging about the modem feature

Now
    After it worked once

They want me to pay for a new modem & blocked the curve

Please help

I am great but Money is Tight even for me.

Ramin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 12:40 PM
    most phones have a "modem" feature, even a lot of dumbphones have it. However, some providers feel the need to charge extra for it. Go sprint!

You might try posting in the sprint section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 12:47 PM
    Do a search for "Tetherberry". I think people have been using that to get around Sprint's new block.
    11-10-09 01:14 PM
    Do a search for "Tetherberry". I think people have been using that to get around Sprint's new block.
    Yep, you'll have to get the Tetherberry app. Sprint found a way to block us from tethering without the extra charge. Most carriers have now. It retails for $49.95 (one time payment) but keep an eye on it as it periodically goes on sale for 1/2 off (that's how I got mine). Works great!
    11-11-09 01:02 PM
    do i need a new program?
    11-21-09 07:22 PM
    Word of caution about Tetherberry (which IMO anyone raving about it should include in their rave, assuming they're aware). Google "tetherberry" and you'll find countless instances of users on all the major carriers getting hit with massive (eg: $3,000) back bills for data charges as a result of tethering contrary to their (your) contract. I'm not trying to slam Tetherberry, since there are plenty of folks who've used it for a long time with no trouble, but most of them use it in MODERATION. If you're planning on heavy usage then buyer beware, you could be facing a big fat bill down the road.
    11-21-09 07:34 PM
    plans for their Berrys
    11-26-09 12:00 AM
    Thats true, what if they have an unlimited data plan, because i know Verizon doesnt care if you go over, i've been streaming audio for about an hour in the morning and a couple hours in the afternoon multiple times a week with no problems.
    11-26-09 09:34 PM
    worth the switch

TY
    11-26-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD