hi all. my 8320 i acting up. when i try to make a call, the display shows the speaker indicator flashing on and off and the volume bar jumps back and forth from max to about half way. perhaps this hiccup is occuring constantly but it is only appartent when i make a phone call or answer a call. the result i get is a repetitive pulse sound where neither party can hear the other person.

i thought that maybe the side buttons were jammed so i removed the side panel only to find out that it was not the problem (and i highly damaged the panel at the same time).

im thinking (hoping) that maybe its a software issue? i have the latest OS installed, 4.5.0.124. i tried to reinstall this OS but DM just tells me that it does not need to be installed because the currently installed OS is 124. any ideas on what the issue may be?
    05-29-09 08:15 AM
    I am also having an issue when I upgraded to 4.5 on my 8310 - can't make a call without buzzing and the it randomly shutting off - gonna try and downgrade if I can. Anyone heard of this prob?

Jj - I am assuming a clean install or a downgrade will fix it but I don't know.

Anyone with any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 08:23 AM
    Did you try a simple battery reset ?
    05-29-09 08:29 AM
    about 7 of them
    05-29-09 08:31 AM
    Then an OS reinstall might resolve the issue. There is a software avail here that will wipe the device including the OS and then you can re-install I do not remeber the name it is like JL something. I am sure someone will be along here in a ferw and post a link to it.
    05-29-09 08:41 AM
    awesome! we'll see when it comes. i hope it works
    05-29-09 08:45 AM
    Found the link but it is not working.

Do a search for how to wipe device using jl cmder
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-29-09 at 09:04 AM.
    05-29-09 08:53 AM
    so this is where i am now. ive wiped my berry with commander, which brought me to the 507 white screen of death. i ran into a problem when loading the OS. im sure it was frozen because it didnt move after 2 hours of loading. so i tried to cancel the loading but it didnt work. so i pulled the plug. now my berry doesnt turn on at all and i get a double red light flashing on top.

anyone with some advice?
    05-29-09 11:00 PM
    the black screen issue is cured. a little googlin brought up that windows 7 does not work well with desktop manager. but it seems like my original problem is still there. the phone cannot help but flicker the sound buttons and speaker button during a call. i guess its not a software issue then. any other suggestions? should i try throwing it against the wall and hope for the best?
    05-30-09 07:43 AM
    the black screen issue is cured. a little googlin brought up that windows 7 does not work well with desktop manager. but it seems like my original problem is still there. the phone cannot help but flicker the sound buttons and speaker button during a call. i guess its not a software issue then. any other suggestions? should i try throwing it against the wall and hope for the best?
    I would only throw it against the wall if you have insurance, also make sure you have a current back up.

If you have reinstalled the OS and the problem is not gone and youe device qualifies for replacement, I would call you carrier at this point. If you bought this device used, well you can live with it, contact the seller, or buy another one.
    05-30-09 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD