Well my Torch is being replaced, my keyboard isn't working so back to the trusty 8310.

Well not so trusty my track ball will move the cursor but it won't select anything so have to use the enter key.

Anyway, figured I'd update the OS on it, it's currently on v4.5.0110(platform 27.0.90)
    Think I had updated it once way back in the day.

So what's the most current os for it? and what does it add/change? What else can I do to optimize its performance.

And if anyone has any ideas on how to fix the track ball I'm open to suggestions- I've replaced it, tried cleaning the terminals nothing worked
    10-12-10 08:13 AM
    AT&T should be able to replace it for free, and the latest 8310 OS is 4.5.0.99 from Vodafone. I think the OS would fix memory issues (if any), maybe help your battery last longer. Stuff like that. Sorry I couldn't be a complete help, but I don't know much about the 8310.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 12:17 PM
    The phone was purchased in may of 08, so way out of warranty..just my backup...

Thanks for the info, will try and see what it does

10-12-10 12:28 PM
    I think even out of warranty they should replace it. I mean I bought my 8330 used from eBay, and Sprint always replaces my trackball with no questions asked.

10-12-10 12:31 PM
    The track ball isn't the issue, I've replaced it with one out of a broken unit to no avail...

10-12-10 01:01 PM
    Oh, it might be that sensor under the trackball. You might of messed it up.

10-12-10 01:37 PM
    Yea it sat in storage in a warehouse for 6 months so i'm sure there was some moisture issues...or just bumped around in the move...it works flawlessly except for the trackball
    10-12-10 02:07 PM
    Yeah, that's probably the problem. Well you can ask people at AT&T if they can clean the inside of where the trackball is at. My trackball was just like yours, but I could click with the trackball I just had to do it hard. I took it to Sprint, they clean it and it worked brand new.

10-12-10 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD