Well I hear that there is and there isnt any 5.0 OS software for the 8330 Curve.
    If there is how do I update?
    Also what are the benefits?

I look on my BB Update Manager and it only shows 4.5. Is that the highest update for the 8330?

Thanks for the help!
    12-15-09 06:30 PM
    There is a 5.0 leaked version but not official

http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-5-0-...rry-curve-8330
    12-15-09 07:15 PM
    Yes, and it stinks for 8330 imo it bogs it down and its buggy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 07:16 PM
    I run the 5.0 OS and love it. There really isn't too many changes the main change is threaded SMS. Also some small changes are ring and vib w/out a 3rd party app. The clock is new, and comes with a count down timer now. I can't think of anything else even though there may be more.

12-15-09 07:49 PM
    Using desktop manager, I updated to 5.0.0.230 this evening. Since I've never used the leaked version, I can only conclude that this is an official release.

12-15-09 08:18 PM
    If 5.0 was officially released, it hasn't been posted online yet. Sometimes they do push updates about a week or so before they are posted online for download.
    12-15-09 08:33 PM
    How do I run the latest BBM on 5.0.0.230? Can anyone give me a link? I try to load the .jad file and it tells me it's not compatible?
    www.blackberry.com/messenger
    12-15-09 08:40 PM
    Using desktop manager, I updated to 5.0.0.230 this evening. Since I've never used the leaked version, I can only conclude that this is an official release.

Are you sure what you upgraded was the operating system on your Blackberry or did you upgrade to the latest version of the Desktop Manager which has been 5.0 xx for some time?
    12-15-09 11:18 PM
    I am positive it was the os. Easy way to tell is the addition of the full screen clock when charging.

12-16-09 05:25 AM
    I installed 5.0 on my 8330 and uninstalled it.......reinstalled and then just uninstalled.

The biggest pro is the threaded SMS....it's awesome.

Cons far outweighed the pros. My BBMaps GPS did not function, many applications became inoperable even after reinstalling apps/OS.

My recommendation......don't do it.

If you want the Verizon OS shoot me a PM and I will send it via AOL IM
    12-16-09 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD