Ok, so stupidly neither my fiancee or I got any covers or protection for our Curves. She got a big crack on her screen a couple months ago, and then just tonight dropped her phone and the trackball popped out. 20 minutes later, I dropped my phone and now my screen is cracked as well.

We both have insurance on our phones, but I am debating about whether it would be easier or cheaper to order the parts and try and fix them myself. I'm not all that handy, but I'm good at following directions once I see how to do something. Is it worth trying, or would I be more likely to invalidate the insurance on the phones and screw things up worse? Thanks for any input!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 11:07 PM
    Ok, so stupidly neither my fiancee or I got any covers or protection for our Curves. She got a big crack on her screen a couple months ago, and then just tonight dropped her phone and the trackball popped out. 20 minutes later, I dropped my phone and now my screen is cracked as well.

We both have insurance on our phones, but I am debating about whether it would be easier or cheaper to order the parts and try and fix them myself. I'm not all that handy, but I'm good at following directions once I see how to do something. Is it worth trying, or would I be more likely to invalidate the insurance on the phones and screw things up worse? Thanks for any input!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well I will tell ya that if you replace the screen either yourself or otherwise it will void your warranty on the phone(s). It is not very difficult to do and there are how to's all over the web for it. As far as the trackball is concerned the biggest thing is the lil housing that holds it in place will break so be careful putting it back into place.I would strongly consider filing the insurance claims if I were you.
    01-16-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD