just wondering how i go about downloading the 4.5 os for my sprint 8330 please help me out
    08-10-08 09:26 AM
    08-10-08 09:29 AM
    1) It is still a Beta release.
    2) If you do a forum search you'll find several threads on how to find it, install it, and what kind of experiences folks are having with it This has been a hot topic for months so you should find ample info without having to start another thread.
    08-10-08 09:30 AM
    Google search
    08-10-08 09:31 AM
    I dont know how long you've had your Berry but its well worth spending some time getting comfortable with the device before jumping in and upgrading the OS... things could go wrong!

If you are upgrading follow the link that 49ways gave you
    08-10-08 09:36 AM
    i tried going to that post and i did not see were i can download the software i might be missing it but i have looked and the links are dead for the ones that i found. sorry but i am new to all of this
    08-10-08 09:46 AM
    I always get nervous for people who say "Sorry, I'm new to this," but you're still going to download and install a beta OS on your berry. There are plenty of people here who will help you if you get into trouble, and a lot who were able to do it without any trouble. It's up to you and you are responsible for anything that can go wrong. Things do go wrong sometimes. You know yourself, how would you react if after you've gone through half the process and your desktop manager can't find your berry to install the OS and you have a device with a white screen and no OS? The links you're looking for are in the stickeys at the beginning of the 83xx section. Make sure you get the newest desktop manager and the right OS for your device. Save them both to your desktop and install them from there. Then follow the instructions. Make sure you back up your device and don't use a USB hub.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 10:07 AM
    Here's your link,

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...0-127-a-33796/

08-10-08 10:10 AM
    Here's some threads you should read before you install a new OS. They are examples of things that can go wrong, but they also have solutions to problems you might run into so if you have any problems, you might find a solution there. They also have upgrade instructions for you to learn about what to do to upgrade.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/i-w...-please-57676/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/os-...roblems-59562/

08-10-08 10:23 AM
    I wouldn't upgrade. I've heard some pretty bad stories so I am just going to wait for my carrier to release the "official" version.

08-10-08 05:56 PM
    i tried going to that post and i did not see were i can download the software i might be missing it but i have looked and the links are dead for the ones that i found. sorry but i am new to all of this
    I did not include links to different OSes within my Upgrade/Downgrade Procedure because it would be difficult to keep up with and it is against forum policy for me to include links to Beta OSes within my thread

You are on your own for that... and be sure to read all of the warnings I have included before you attempt any of this...
    08-10-08 06:23 PM
    I have worked with computers for the last 30 years. I am actually a technician. That being said, I am waiting for the official version for my Curve. I don't have time for the possible problems that could come up. My berry works fine. OS4.5 would be nice, but I can wait.
    08-10-08 06:31 PM
    I have worked with computers for the last 30 years. I am actually a technician. That being said, I am waiting for the official version for my Curve. I don't have time for the possible problems that could come up. My berry works fine. OS4.5 would be nice, but I can wait.
    I can honestly tell you that if you have a technical understanding, then you would be completely fine! The risks are minimal if you understand what you are doing... and the Betas have become more and more stable.

It is a personal choice, but the bugs are limited (if any) in the newer Betas and I have not had an issue at all...

If you follow the upgrade procedure link in my signature, then you would be fine...
    08-10-08 06:38 PM
    I can honestly tell you that if you have a technical understanding, then you would be completely fine! The risks are minimal if you understand what you are doing... and the Betas have become more and more stable.

It is a personal choice, but the bugs are limited (if any) in the newer Betas and I have not had an issue at all...

If you follow the upgrade procedure link in my signature, then you would be fine...
    Thanks but I'll just wait. I have done things with another smartphone in the past in which I have been able to work through the problems. But I really don't have time for that anymore. Call me gunshy. Call me scardy cat. I'll just wait. But DOCS TO GO would be nice. We'll see.
    08-10-08 06:53 PM
    You must sacrifice your first born...

Last edited by Boomh4u3r; 08-11-08 at 01:45 AM.
    08-10-08 07:06 PM
    In google type "8330 OS 4.5" should show up in the first few results

08-10-08 08:14 PM
    There is a official verison out now. Check your phone's section of the forums for instructions to download
    08-11-08 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD