I have a 8330 Curve upgraded to v4.5.0.131 with Sprint as my carrier. I have noticed this error code on several websites when I use the browser. Most websites work fine, but on a bunch of them I get the error 406. How can I fix this on my BB?

What I really want to do is install a Twitter client...any Twitter client. Everytime I try to download them into my BB from the browser I get the error 406 code. I really want Ubertwitter, but I cannot download it.

Can somebody please help me fix this problem? So many people are using Ubertwitter, Twitterberry, etc, and I can't get anything to run on my BB....thanks!
    10-05-09 04:18 AM
    Have you tried changing the Browser type. The browser identifies itself to the web server as part of the web page request, 406 suggests that the server has decided it cannot supply data to that type of browser.

It may be worth sharing some of the problem links here, or trying from different BB devices (if you have access to any) to see if this is a common problem among BBs.
    10-05-09 04:28 AM
    Have you tried changing the Browser type. The browser identifies itself to the web server as part of the web page request, 406 suggests that the server has decided it cannot supply data to that type of browser.

It may be worth sharing some of the problem links here, or trying from different BB devices (if you have access to any) to see if this is a common problem among BBs.
    How do I change the browser?
    10-05-09 04:37 AM
    You can change the browser connection type from Options > Advanced Options > Browser -> Default Browser Configuration

You can change the browser emulation/identification mode by opening the Browser, hitting the BB Menu key > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser identification
    10-05-09 06:12 AM
    You can change the browser connection type from Options > Advanced Options > Browser -> Default Browser Configuration

You can change the browser emulation/identification mode by opening the Browser, hitting the BB Menu key > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser identification
    Thank you for helping me, but I'm still confused as to what to change the browser to.

When I take take the steps above to get to my Default Browser Configuration, all I see is "Internet Browser" with no other choices or means of changing it.

When I proceed to try to get to the Browser Identification, I cannot get to that step. All I get to is the "Browser Configuration" and I don't see Browser Identification.

What am I doing wrong?
    10-05-09 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD