This is most likely hopeless, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Anyone have any luck bringing a berry back to life after water exposure?

My 8320 got wet while at the pool, I dont think it was submerged, but definitely had some water on it ... I took it apart as much as I could (down to the board and screen) and let it sit for 48hrs, then tried putting the battery back in ... nothing. tried putting my old BB's battery in (which is what i'm using now) nothing. tried plugging it in with a battery in it ... nothing.

Any ideas/ suggestions, or is it just plain hopeless? if its hopeless, any way I can remove some parts and swap them into something else or fanagle a way to get any info off of it?

Down in the dumps with my 400$ paper weight,
    Eric
    06-03-08 08:14 AM
    I hate to be so blunt....but do you that button up above that says... SEARCH FORUMS ?? USe it! There ae=re countless threads regarding water exposure and how to try to attempt to fix the problem.
    06-03-08 08:16 AM
    Could take four or five days of drying time. Don't pu t battery back in BB. By putting the battery back in after two days may have killed your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 08:22 AM
    some come back some don't it up to the Berry if he/she fight to stay alive then you will get lucky. mine is not allowed to go to the pool and when it rain i brake out the bluetooth and it stays in the case.
    06-03-08 09:05 AM
    Hope you have phone insurance
    06-03-08 12:05 PM
    Yeah no worries for me because I have phone insurance. Hope for your sake you do too. It comes in handy.

06-03-08 01:32 PM
    so my Blackberry Curve 8310 actually got submerged in the pool since it was in my pocket when I got pushed in..anyway, i have used the putting the phone in a bowl of rice method and it has been two days. i just tested it with the battery in and the red light turned on for a bit, but now it does not work. do you think the water drained the life out of the battery? if so, should i go to my local cingular store to try to use one of their batteries? if the phone is actually dead, then do you think i can get a replacement one for free if i claim that the phone "just stopped working"? would they know that it was dropped in the pool??
    06-03-08 04:32 PM
    I don't think insurance covers water damage either once they see that red strip its over from there.

06-03-08 04:40 PM
    R.I.P Blackberry

06-03-08 04:59 PM
    as the temperature rises so does the incidents of water damage. sorry for your loss.
    06-03-08 05:01 PM
    I don't think insurance covers water damage either once they see that red strip its over from there.

Sometimes it does, it depends who you have, and what package you have. I had Sprint TEP and it covered water damage; they would replace the phone with a $50 deposit. T-Mobile has the same thing, except the deposit is $110 instead of $50. You aren't getting a FREE phone replacement, but $50 or $110 is a lot better than $400.
    06-03-08 05:06 PM
    hmm i just tried it again and the LED lights up red again. i plugged it into my computer and it was able to read the BB. but it stopped once the red LED light went away. oh yea i have AT&T...

06-03-08 05:12 PM
    also the keyboard lights up but not the screen..

06-03-08 05:45 PM
    I hate to be so blunt....but do you that button up above that says... SEARCH FORUMS ?? USe it! There ae=re countless threads regarding water exposure and how to try to attempt to fix the problem.
    Just a little too blunt, IMO. Was there any need to respond the way you did? Just wondering if you've had a bad day.

This person obviously is very upset with his/her situation and is a newbie. If you didn't have anything helpful to say, why say anything?
    06-03-08 06:12 PM
    BB swimming. Not a good idea.
    06-03-08 07:03 PM
    Although I agree you should search, I too would show a little sympathy for his situation. At least attach a thread to guide them in the right spot. I too am a noob so I can not offer any assistance, but I do wish you luck.

06-03-08 07:20 PM
    Thanx for all the replies... I apologize for not searching, I was frustrated and in a bit of a hurry... I unfortunatly didn't have insurance on it. I bought the phone off of ebay because I wanted the 8320 and I have AT&T service, AT&T pretty much said keep dreaming when I tried to insure it.
    That said I learned my lesson messing with unlocked phones meant for another service, to many things didn't work on the phone for it to be worth having the wifi which I ended up never using because I couldnt get Opera to work and the bb browser is pretty useless. I guess I've pretty much accepted the fact that My curve is dead so now back to the ole 8700 till the Bold comes out! =D
    06-03-08 08:01 PM
    Thanx for all the replies... I apologize for not searching, I was frustrated and in a bit of a hurry... I unfortunatly didn't have insurance on it. I bought the phone off of ebay because I wanted the 8320 and I have AT&T service, AT&T pretty much said keep dreaming when I tried to insure it.
    That said I learned my lesson messing with unlocked phones meant for another service, to many things didn't work on the phone for it to be worth having the wifi which I ended up never using because I couldnt get Opera to work and the bb browser is pretty useless. I guess I've pretty much accepted the fact that My curve is dead so now back to the ole 8700 till the Bold comes out! =D
    Very sorry you're having such rotten luck. Good luck with your next BB.
    06-03-08 08:34 PM
    yeah its still not doing anything, despite having so many problems with it I still loved it! I'm betting now that the phone I want is meant for At&t and I don't hafta buy it elsewhere it'll be a great!
    06-03-08 09:07 PM
    hey guys, do you think if i purchased insurance now, after my phone is possibly done for, if i would be able to claim it damaged or maybe even lost?? anyone know how the AT&T insurance place works? also, what's this new policy that just came into effect on June 2 with the deductible and all that..

06-03-08 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD