Okay,
    So while on the phone talking I get new text message notifications which is a good thing. Sometimes I can reply to them while still talking on the phone. Other times it will attempt to reply but will not send the message and I will have to resend it once the phone call ends. Questions:

Why does it send some and not others? If possible how do I make it send all of them?
    06-12-09 12:05 PM
    The 8330 shouldn't be recieving text messages while you are talking on the phone. It is not capable of voice and data simultaneously. I think you are experiencing a late notification of text messages that happens to be while you are on the phone. You can type a message or email while talking on the phone and you can even send, but the message does not go out until you are off the voice call. Only the Bold is capable of doing both at the same time.
    06-12-09 12:12 PM
    The 8330 shouldn't be recieving text messages while you are talking on the phone. It is not capable of voice and data simultaneously. I think you are experiencing a late notification of text messages that happens to be while you are on the phone. You can type a message or email while talking on the phone and you can even send, but the message does not go out until you are off the voice call. Only the Bold is capable of doing both at the same time.
    Well I can receive them and at times can reply to them but not all the time.
    06-12-09 12:18 PM
    Only the Bold is? When I had my 8310 I had the same problem. I would always get them but could only send my replies sometimes.
    06-12-09 12:21 PM
    It really should not be possible. That aside, do you pay attention to your cell coverage when this is happening? On vzw sometimes I have evdo coverage and sometimes it is just 1x. That could be an explanation of why what shouldn't be possible at all is working for you sometimes and somtimes not
    06-12-09 12:23 PM
    I did notice sometimes that I wouldn't have the problem of sending them while on the phone. Other times when they wouldn't send I would notice that I didn't have the best of service. Once I was in an area with better reception the text message would send.
    06-12-09 12:27 PM
    Yes I have checked out the signal and it really did not make a difference. I can be in the middle of the same call sitting in the exact same spot and still have this problem. Or be sending messages then all of a sudden it won't send anymore.
    06-12-09 12:29 PM
    Well hmm... I don't know what the problem could be. I think if they send at least once, they should keep sending no matter how many you have to send. This is really odd.
    06-12-09 12:33 PM
    yes it is odd and sad.
    06-12-09 12:35 PM
    If I had an important message to send, I would always "accidentally" lose service, hang up and send the message and then call them back. Or just say you have another call and you will call them back. Otherwise, if it wasn't too important, I never worried about it.
    06-12-09 12:37 PM
    again this goes back to a delayed notification and a delayed send. call your cell provider and ask. you don't have voice and data
    06-12-09 02:10 PM
    It really should not be possible. That aside, do you pay attention to your cell coverage when this is happening? On vzw sometimes I have evdo coverage and sometimes it is just 1x. That could be an explanation of why what shouldn't be possible at all is working for you sometimes and somtimes not
    Why not? Last that I knew SMS/Text was sent over the 1X digital voice network and had nothing to do with 3G/EVDO. Every CDMA Sprint phone that I've ever had was capable of sending/receiving text messages while on the phone.
    06-12-09 10:27 PM
    I have the same problem... While tinkering around my phone while in a call, I realized that for the few minutes of a phone call I can successfully send and receive txt msgs. During the time that I can do that while in a call, the service still reads "1XEV" or "1Xev". However after a few minutes or more in a call, the service eventually starts to just read "1X", and that's when my text messages start failing to send, and I also stop receiving incoming messages. To start to send again I have to end the call, and then redial. Some of the messages that were sent during the "1X" part of the phone call don't even come through after the call has ended.

Any suggestions, fixes, tips?
    06-16-09 06:57 AM
    Why not? Last that I knew SMS/Text was sent over the 1X digital voice network and had nothing to do with 3G/EVDO. Every CDMA Sprint phone that I've ever had was capable of sending/receiving text messages while on the phone.
    I have Sprint (8330) and I send and receive sms on the phone all the time. I put my caller on speaker phone and text away and I get messages and everything. Works just like it does while I'm not on the phone..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 07:56 AM
    What os are you using? Because I used to be able to do this as well. And after thinking about it, ever since I upgraded to .160, I haven't been able to.

Does anyone think the os has anything to do with this?

06-16-09 10:50 AM
    ive got the new OS and ive always been able to do it. actually i havent seen a bb around here where you couldnt.
    06-16-09 11:10 AM
    I have the sprint 4.5 but I had the same problem before I upgraded... Also I can receive them no matter what... Just cant always send
    06-17-09 05:02 AM
    For me, SMS only works when 1X is available. If it's only EV, SMS won't work.

06-17-09 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD