How can I attach pictures, or can I attach picture to a sms text. Same with voice recording?

Jon
    06-07-08 07:06 PM
    No you can't attach pics to text, you'll need to use MMS for sending pics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 07:12 PM
    What is MMS... Is it a form of SMS???? What is it called on the 8330, can't find MMS on this unit.

Please help.

Jon
    06-07-08 07:21 PM
    SMS= Short message service - intended for text only, no greater than 158 characters

MMS = multi media Service - this is sorta like email, but you can attach images, or any type of media, typically only sent to other MMS capable cell phones.

Typically your rate plan must have this feature or you cant use it even if your device can support it.

edit: to send a MMS message you should select the phone number from your address book and select the option to send MMS or while in the address book, select the option for "use one time" and enter the number and then select the option for MMS. Or something like that

James
    Last edited by jb1709; 06-07-08 at 10:56 PM. Reason: add info
    06-07-08 10:54 PM
    Sprint doesn't enable their Curve to send MMS or Picturemail. The only way you can send them are using the Blackberry Messenger as a send file. Sprint does this on most of their smartphones, it sucks but they don't seem to be changing this anytime soon. As far as I know the only smartphones they have that send pic mail/mms is the palm 755p and the centro.
    06-07-08 11:01 PM
    Glad I'm not with Sprint. No MMS FTL.
    06-07-08 11:46 PM
    Sprint doesn't enable their Curve to send MMS or Picturemail. The only way you can send them are using the Blackberry Messenger as a send file. Sprint does this on most of their smartphones, it sucks but they don't seem to be changing this anytime soon. As far as I know the only smartphones they have that send pic mail/mms is the palm 755p and the centro.
    One word of advice... Sprint simply s u cks!!! Also in the near future Sprint will be sold out to an unknown co. I don't know what will become of their network but it's not looking good for them these days. As for the no MMS on sprint smartphones... I would drop sprint in a heartbeat, that's rediculous! Verizon just snatched up Alltel for a cool 27 billion. Verizon mms service allows for the largest mms file size of any network, this is a fact. Most carriers don't allow mms file sizes above apx. 300kb but I've sent files at over 450kb to other verizon customers and they always recieve them. When I try to send a mms file over 275kb to any other carrier ex. at&t,sprint,t-mobile,alltel, they do not recieve the files ever. I'm proud to have great service with Verizon, cheaper service isn't always the way to go. You get what you pay for and that goes with anything.
    06-08-08 12:08 AM
    Emailing is the best Sprint has to offer as far as sending pics on the 8330 as of now.
    06-08-08 03:12 AM
    I believe you can send pictures through email on sprint?
    06-08-08 03:23 AM
    Hate to jump on sprint hater pile-on but it does amaze me how many people who know they suck, admit they suck, still stay with them! Their retail store near their corp headquarters in op ks used to have security guard there to control the irrate customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD