Hello,

So I used to live on the East Coast but recently moved to the West Coast. My phone number is still the East Coast number, which COULD be the reason my INCOMING texts have the wrong timestamp on them.

If someone sends me a text, on the main messages screen it has the correct time, but when I open it up it will have the wrong timestamp above the message. It will say I received it in the future.. 3 hours later than the current time on the West Coast (aka it says the time on the East Coast).

When I send a message, it has the correct West Coast time. So in the thread of messages with someone, it goes back and forth between, for example, 6 PM and 3 PM. It is extremely annoying!

I know for a fact that my date/time is correct, with the correct time zone and everything.

Please help! I've done so much research but haven't found any answers yet.

Thanks SO much in advanced!
    10-05-09 03:08 AM
    Did ya adjust your time in the menu?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 03:23 AM
    It's totally correct with the right time zone and the right time. You mean in like Options --> Date/Time?? If so, then yep.
    10-05-09 03:25 AM
    You probably have the setting on Network in options, and your carrier needs to change your location on their end. You might be able to do it yourself by logging into your account online, but a phone call to CS should certainly do the trick.
    10-05-09 04:05 AM
    This happened to me when I was in california, the message would show that I had sent it at 6PM but the delivered time would show the time it was delivered in Central Time. and when I would receive one back it would show the CDT time as received time too. I think its just a matter of the network, because when I texted my sister who was with me it would show the delivered time correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 06:35 AM
    You probably have the setting on Network in options, and your carrier needs to change your location on their end. You might be able to do it yourself by logging into your account online, but a phone call to CS should certainly do the trick.
    It's on "Blackberry" but still happens when I do "Network" and "Off" too. How would I go about logging into my account? Sorry, I just got my blackberry over the summer so I'm still new with it. And what is CS?

Thanks for the responses you guys!
    10-05-09 10:36 PM
    Here's the log on page for VZW:

CS = Customer Service
    10-05-09 10:43 PM
    I have the same issue. I have a number registered in the Pacific Time zone and now live on the East Coast. I've talked to both Verizon and BB customer support. The bottom line is that the timestamp will localize to where you registered..which is where the sms/vm tower is for your phone...and there is another number/ID attached specifically to your phone number/area code which is what it recognizes.

The only way to fix the problem is to give up your old number and switch to one where you currently reside. I did not want to give up my old number as I plan to move back in a few years...so I will have to live with this problem for now. (Or until they find another way to resolve).

Hope this helps.
    11-28-09 08:56 PM
    it very much does! thanks for letting me know now i will no longer waste a minimum of 3 hours a week trying to fix it.

regards my friend!
    12-03-09 03:12 AM
    Um guys I've always been in the central time zone and mine does the same thing inside the message its off by 6 or 7 hours completely stupid and annoying. I've tried all time settings wiped hanheld updated the OS changed my phone number from Nebraska to Mississippi (both in the central time zone) and still nothing has changed all my texts say the right time from the inbox and the wrong time once inside thre message. Thanks RIM for the dumb phone and the do it your self forum technical support
    12-07-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD