Hello all,

I'm on an 8330 and when I send text messages to one particular person, the phone lags itself and freezes for about ten seconds. The funny thing is, it is just with this one person. When they send me a text, I click to open it, and it will freeze and take about 5 seconds to open. Then, once I have clicked the trackball in and hit send, it takes at least ten seconds for the phone to send the message and stop freezing. Does it have to do with them not being a Verizon customer or something? I doubt that's it since it doesn't really happen with anyone else. Does anyone else's phone lag like this? I'm running .77 and have a 2 GB card installed atm.. any help would be appreciated.

* One more thing - When I receive a call while custom ringtone's are on (loud) the phone will ring for about 5 seconds before the ringtone starts playing, any ideas?
    11-29-08 12:00 AM
    same thing happened to me. but it would happen randomly not only with the one person. it happens every now and then i just ignore it.
    11-29-08 12:42 AM
    I had this happen, and I cleared my SMS Inbox, and it immediately fixed the issue.
    11-29-08 12:48 AM
    i had the same text issue. clearing the inbox only works for about first 100 messages total. easiest thing to do is when it starts to lag when you are in the reply screen click the bb button and then scroll down to remove history then type your message and send. easiest thing and it wont lag again for couple days on that person. simple and easy fix. everything else was a quick 30 minute fix. hope this helps.
    11-29-08 05:18 AM
    i had the same text issue. clearing the inbox only works for about first 100 messages total. easiest thing to do is when it starts to lag when you are in the reply screen click the bb button and then scroll down to remove history then type your message and send. easiest thing and it wont lag again for couple days on that person. simple and easy fix. everything else was a quick 30 minute fix. hope this helps.
    Perfect fix. Very useful. I had the same issue with the lag with only one person, a fellow blackberry as well, but now it is fixed.

thumbs up!
    02-23-10 10:04 AM
    I all ways had the same problim and got tired of all ways deleting my sms/mms in box. I went and deleted all of the apps and such that I did not use and it helped a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD