Hey guys..

I just got my 8330 and I'm loving it. One gripe I have is with the SMS "client". It is very basic, lacks any color/design.

Is there some sort of 3rd party replacement? Something that will give me a look and feel more like AIM, JiveTalk, Yahoo!, etc?

I just got my curve 8330 on thursday and bought jivetalk and love its design .. wondered if there was anything out there that made this easier to see and use?

Thanks..
    06-21-08 03:50 PM
    I seriously doubt it since the sms is not on the same messenger style level that you're looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 03:54 PM
    Thats no fun .. dont you agree though?? Very plain and basic
    06-21-08 03:55 PM
    There is a way to change the background color. Ive don't it before, but I can't seem to find it?......
    06-21-08 04:01 PM
    Yeah it would be nice if you could have alil more discrepancy between all of your msgs and such .. i wouldn't think this would take to long or hard to do ..

Also, how do you scroll down and up the page faster? Is there anyway? Because if you text alot and dont clean up the msgs very often if you scroll down it takes awhile to scroll back up .. just wondering
    06-21-08 04:04 PM
    Yeah it would be nice if you could have alil more discrepancy between all of your msgs and such .. i wouldn't think this would take to long or hard to do ..

Also, how do you scroll down and up the page faster? Is there anyway? Because if you text alot and dont clean up the msgs very often if you scroll down it takes awhile to scroll back up .. just wondering
    when in your msgs...hit the "B" button for the bottom of the crenn and "T" for the top... also to delete all at once...hold the alt key and scroll>menu delete msgs
    06-21-08 04:14 PM
    wow good looks! thanks
    06-21-08 04:50 PM
    The only way to really change the way the messages window looks is to change your entire theme... it changes with the theme

Also, changing the font can make it look a little diffeent. And in OS 4.5 there are some more options (such as changing the dividers, etc)

T : top
    B : bottom
    P : previous day
    N : next day
    Space : Page Down
    Shift-SPace : Page Up

Check out the BB 101 Lecture Slides for some more nice tips!
    06-21-08 05:01 PM
    Just to follow up on the above comment on deleting all the msgs. You don't really have to hold shift to select all and delete. Just go the the very top of your msgs page, highlight the current date,press the menu button and select delete prior. That will wipe all your txts clean!!

And also I agree I would like some custom cosmetic options for my sms screen.

06-21-08 05:06 PM
    Yeah it would be nice if we could "skin" that to change the look of it. Cuz the msgs area is kinda bland and I'm a spicy kind of girl lol

I need a sugar daddy lol
    06-21-08 05:32 PM
    You can also go under options->sms->show previous items and change the number of previous texts to show up. Then when you get a text and open it, that number of previous texts from that person will show up. As close to threaded text as we can get right now.

06-21-08 06:30 PM
    Bbsmart.com has a program that changes the look, color, and font of sms messages. It also adds color to and allows images to be displayed in emails

06-21-08 06:52 PM
    that bb smart site dosnet work
    06-21-08 09:17 PM
    BB smart worked for me
    06-21-08 09:23 PM
    really
    link ?
    06-21-08 09:51 PM
    What is the program called?

06-22-08 04:45 AM
    that bb smart site dosnet work
    same it says its not a proper website when i type it in??
    06-22-08 07:37 AM
    he just abbreviated thats all - BBSmart - Software for your BlackBerry� is what he was referring to .. im going to have to check this out! - thanks to all who have posted about this so far
    06-22-08 10:36 AM
    but yeah im not seeing this program he is referring to? Unless if you buy the ivista theme and it changes that for you? Anyone own or use this theme?
    06-22-08 10:44 AM
    Umm bump... Does anyone know of a theme that actually changes or allows the colors to be changed for sms? Its so so bland.

07-11-09 03:50 PM
    Gotta subscribe sorry

07-11-09 04:01 PM
    Look up the empower sms viewer.

07-11-09 04:06 PM
    Ok is that one that makes messages go into two places.

07-11-09 04:18 PM
    Ok thanks for the suggestion but does anyone know how to use it because I downloaded it and it's listed under applications but I don't know where it is?

07-11-09 04:48 PM
    For bbsmart email viewer just download free trial and you can change the settings once you are in your email/text folder by pressing the menu button. There is no icon for it
    Last edited by rts3k; 07-11-09 at 07:31 PM.
    07-11-09 06:45 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD