has anyone else had the problem where it takes extra long for an sms msg to go through to specific people?? like you will click send and it will take a long time to go back to the msg folder? (like the screen will stay on the msg u just wrote and 'send' will stay highlighted...like its still processing) and it is frozen on that screen. it only stays about 3 seconds, but for when im at work and want to quickly lock it and put it back in my pocket i have to wait for it to send. i cant go to any other screen.

i read on here that i might happen with people that you txt a lot...so i 'searched the sender' and 'deleted prior msgs' even including the saved msgs...but it is still taking a long time to process with that specific person. anyone else i send an sms msg to goes a lot faster.

its not that i am a particularly impatient person...but it is just somewhat frustrating considering this is the person that i txt 24/7...so it gets frustrating after a while.

if anyone has ANY suggestions that would be greatttlyy appreciated.

ps i already pulled the battery after i deleted the msgs. i have an 8330 with 4.3......thanks in advance
    09-27-08 05:25 PM
    This most likely no a device issue as much as an account or network issue. Are the delayed message on the VZW network or to other carriers. or both?
    09-27-08 05:29 PM
    no they are to a person who uses sprint, and its only this specific person. but i literally txt her about 70-100 msgs a day....is there a way there are any copies of the msgs somewhere on my phone? or some other way that these specific contact is taking up space besides what i get when i search the sender?
    09-27-08 05:36 PM
    If they are just to specific person, then it could be a couple of things. Storing in a place on phone is not it. Two things can be done at this point.

1 you call VZW TS and tell them what is going on. They will have you do a battery reset and a PRL update *228 opt 2. If this does not resolve it will be sent to network.

Chances are if get hers in timely manner and she is not getting yours, then it might be a Sprint issue. So I would have her call her TS and report it as well.
    Last edited by lastraid; 09-27-08 at 10:19 PM.
    09-27-08 05:45 PM
    ok thanks a lot for your help i will totally give that a try!!
    09-27-08 10:11 PM
    i txt my girlfriend non stop and she is on ATT..
    i know your problem exactly
    this is what you need to do when your texting who ever it is and it gets slow you dont need to delete anything just go and start a brandnew txt with that person and it will be normal speed again as thats what i have to do every so often otherwise it gets really slow
    09-27-08 11:21 PM
    I used to have the same problem. Keep your SMS inbox and outbox clean by deleting messages daily. It will clear the lag up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 02:01 AM
    greeeaaat. i did both - started a new txt AND deleted a bunch of other messages and the my sms msgs are back to normal speed...all of them thanks a lot guys
    09-28-08 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD