Is there any particular reason why I can send and receive SMS text messages only on certain phone calls? It's very inconsistent. Sometimes I can successfully send and receive text messages while on a phone call, but other times the SMS (when sent to me) gets "blocked" until I get off the phone, and sending is not allowed. This is really frustrating because I have never had a problem sending or receiving SMS on my Treo.

And another issue... my Treo used to resend text messages that were undeliverable on the first attempt. This was a really nice feature to have because I have sent out SMS on my BB Curve that I realized were never sent (just a big fat red X next to the message) but not till hours (and sometimes days) later. Can the BB do this or is it not as advanced as the Treo?
    07-23-08 10:44 PM
    I'm having the same inconsistency problems. I can't figure it out so for now I just deal with it. Kind of annoying, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 10:55 PM
    Sorry I was too lazy to read ur whole post but I got the jist by skimming it. As a former treo owner I kno what you mean.

Anyway, go into profiles then advanced. Open the sms txt options and make sure the notify me during calls is set to yes. Then u should def be alerted by a beep and be able to send msgs. I am even able to surf the net via wifi when on a call aka hold.

Hope this makes sense and that it helps!

07-23-08 10:56 PM
    I have wondered that too. I hope your solution works jhill. Thanks
    07-23-08 11:04 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?

07-23-08 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD