I have encountered the problem a lot of different people have. I cannot type over 160 characters into a SMS text. I know that Verizon supports long messages but will break them up into several messages, is there a way to get my curve to work this way as other phones do? Also, my phone has been having really bad lag when i send a SMS text. I have tried clearing out all inboxes and nothing. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    03-25-09 05:50 PM
    The lag might be due to low memory which a battery pull will fix. As to texting I also don't have broken messages and chalked it up to it not being a BB feature. MMS messages can handle a higher number of characters if you find you need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 05:52 PM
    You cant, gsm phones such as tmobile, at&T you can just keep typing upto 6 pages I beleie before sending, CDMA - verizon, sprint Alltell, you have that limit that you are talking about.

You may have to clear out the folders re: lag.. in messages, scroll to top, menu key, view folder, clear all those out.

Also, messages then AT O will clear all outgoing stuff too - sent emails, sent texts, outgooing calls etc.
    Last edited by rachel0179; 03-25-09 at 05:57 PM.
    03-25-09 05:54 PM
    rachel the only thing that is confusing about that reply about the carriers is why could lesser "normal" phones let me type up to 6 pages on verizon service?
    i may just start using mms messages but was just wondering if sms had an option i could toggle or anything. thanks again

Also, is there a way to stop the sms or mms from sending after i hit the send button like a dumbphone can? just trying to still figure out all of the bb options and everything
    03-25-09 06:04 PM
    I have no idea, I was just telling you with BB's on gsm vs CDMA networks thats the answer.
    If your messages are that long, why not call or email? LOL
    03-25-09 06:05 PM
    o ok lol sorry i thought you meant all phones not just BB. Misunderstanding . I really hate talking on phone and most people i talk to cant check their emails that often so i just text.
    03-25-09 06:11 PM
    Gotcha, I understand though, I came from a 8320- (tmo) now to a 8330 - Sprint, and yes it takes some getting used to having that "limit"
    03-25-09 06:13 PM
    MMS will let you send 1000 characters though..
    03-25-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD