My girlfriends Curve 8330 (running 5.0.230). All of her SMS, email, and phone calls come in just fine. Additionally, she is able to respond to email, and SMS texts just fine in all cases except for one. One of her contacts can SMS to her phone but she is unable to respond to her. There isn't any box to type into. Also, if you press the BB button there are options to respond via phone call and respond via MMS (which she CAN do) but no option to respond via SMS. Both phones are on the Verizon network.
    I tried to delete the contact and readd it, a battery pull and reordering the service books.
    What do you think could cause this?
    How can it be fixed?
    05-13-10 10:41 PM
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Thanks in advance.
    05-14-10 12:21 PM
    Is the problem only when replying? If you go into the address book and look up the contact can you sms from there, or is the sms option missing from there as well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 01:49 PM
    delete the contact and all messages from or to that contact, then re-enter the contact. try texting that new contact now.
    05-15-10 02:06 PM
    delete the contact and all messages from or to that contact, then re-enter the contact. try texting that new contact now.
    any luck with this?
    05-17-10 08:05 PM
    Sorry, I know this thread is old now but she did not say anything else about it so I completely forget about it!

I guess it worked itself out because I just asked and its fine now.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    07-18-10 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD