out of nowhere this happened.....my entire sms/mms inboxes were deleted then I'll recieve and view an SMS or MMS message and then within 10 seconds it's automatically deleted...the saved messages are still on my phone...but how do i get it back to keeping my messages in my inbox??
    08-17-08 10:39 PM
    What's your memory level? Go to Options-Status what's your file free number?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 10:42 PM
    Sounds like low memory. If you look around someone has a link in their signiture that helps with memory relief.

08-17-08 10:47 PM
    If the file free number is really low, and you generally want over 12 mb, you need to follow stoner's guide and I'll get that link for you, but first do a reset, then check that number again. To reset push alt-right shift-delete. Your screen will go blank and then restart. This will help keep your files from deleting right now. Do this and report back, OK?

08-17-08 10:53 PM
    Sounds like low memory. If you look around someone has a link in their signiture that helps with memory relief.

Check out my sig. Link is in there.
    08-17-08 10:56 PM
    Here's the link. What was your file free number? Let us know.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

08-17-08 10:57 PM
    i've had this SAME exact problem!
    i have 0 bytes free, but i have a 1 gb memory card.
    why isn't it just saving info onto the card? :/
    08-17-08 11:41 PM
    i've had this SAME exact problem!
    i have 0 bytes free, but i have a 1 gb memory card.
    why isn't it just saving info onto the card? :/
    It's a media card. Pics, videos, stuff like that. It can not be used to expand the BB internal memory or store applications on it.
    08-17-08 11:46 PM
    Do as everyone has suggested and make sure u properly close programs and u should never have this problem again! Hit alt and the back key to see what programs are running.

08-18-08 01:10 AM
    OK blackb and mordicai, do you want help with your problem, please help us help you and answer, OK. Have you reset your Berries? This will close out any open apps and return memory to your device for it to use, and this will stop the automatic deletion of your logs. Some people will advise a battery pull, either way, you should do it soon.

Blackb, your device does not load apps to your media card, and they do not run from your media card. Your card is only for storage. You put all media type files like pictures, video, music files and movies on it. If you put too many apps on your berry, it will run out of memory.

So once you've reset your device we'll need to take a look at what is using up all your memory. We will suggest some changes in your settings, and you will need to follow the stoner memory guide.

Have you checked your file free yet? What is it?

08-18-08 01:56 AM
    I see this a lot. People call in and say they have a 2GB card but haven't gone into options in the camera to have it save to the card and wonder why it's full. Gotta start and learn from somewhere I guess. lol
    08-18-08 02:32 AM
    If you come back someone will be around to help. Go ahead and follow stoner's guide. Gnite

08-18-08 03:27 AM
    thanks guys for all the replies! I reseted my phone and before and after the file free was the same at 12985945 Bytes...Is the fact that i have more picutres than usual in my phone maybe contributing to my problem? Should i have my pics save to my media card? What else should i try? Thanks!
    08-18-08 06:26 AM
    thanks guys for all the replies! I reseted my phone and before and after the file free was the same at 12985945 Bytes...Is the fact that i have more picutres than usual in my phone maybe contributing to my problem? Should i have my pics save to my media card? What else should i try? Thanks!

Yes, you should store all pics, vids, music and ringtones to the
    memory card. Also be aware that themes, which must be in
    device memory can have a large footprint, so minimize the number
    of them you keep on your phone at one time.
    08-18-08 06:54 AM
    so it looks like from reseting my phone it has solved my problem...i think i did have many many messages in my sms in/out boxes before the 15 day auto delete kicked in which might have given me this issue, but i think im good to go now! thanks for all your help!
    08-18-08 10:12 AM
    OK mordecai, here's a few things you can do to prevent this from happening again. On your Berry, open you browser, press your menu key, now click options in the menu, click cache operations, click the clear button below cache content. This will free up a bunch memory.
    Now, close your browser and press alt-lglg. This will open your event log. Click your menu key and click clear log. You can also open the log to see the different events it tracks. You can uncheck all the boxes so that it doesn't keep filling up. A lot of us have done this. If you're not comfortable doing this, you can make it part of your routine maintenance.

The last two steps will free a bunch of memory. I generally clear logs and press alt-left shift-delete once a day as routine maintenance. The next step is for you to go to Stoner's guide and complete it to make sure you never have this problem again. In Stoner's guide, there are a few set up steps you can easily make to help free memory before you move on to the more advanced things in the guide.

After doing the outlined steps above, you're well on your way to a smooth running machine!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

08-18-08 02:17 PM
    OK blackb and mordicai, do you want help with your problem, please help us help you and answer, OK. Have you reset your Berries? This will close out any open apps and return memory to your device for it to use, and this will stop the automatic deletion of your logs. Some people will advise a battery pull, either way, you should do it soon.

Blackb, your device does not load apps to your media card, and they do not run from your media card. Your card is only for storage. You put all media type files like pictures, video, music files and movies on it. If you put too many apps on your berry, it will run out of memory.

So once you've reset your device we'll need to take a look at what is using up all your memory. We will suggest some changes in your settings, and you will need to follow the stoner memory guide.

Have you checked your file free yet? What is it?

Thank you so much! I clearly had no idea what was going on and thanks for shedding light on this particularly annoying issue!

This helped a lot! I will clear my memory often and make sure all applications are CLOSED and not running in the background!

My file free is 7.7MB! YAAY!

Thanks again everyone!
    08-18-08 08:15 PM
    I own a 8130 Pearl. I have gone through three warranties with this phone. Two for it automatically deleting my messages and once for the trackball not working. I have just about had it with the darn thing. Its so frustrating I mean sometimes it will only delete texts, sometimes just the call log, and then other times text, emails, and the call log. I have tried everything that you guys have said and it hasnt worked. i only use my phone for texts emails, and the internet. I dont use any of the other applications and have actually deleted the ones that i dont use. So any help would be great.
    08-19-08 09:30 PM
    I own a 8130 Pearl. I have gone through three warranties with this phone. Two for it automatically deleting my messages and once for the trackball not working. I have just about had it with the darn thing. Its so frustrating I mean sometimes it will only delete texts, sometimes just the call log, and then other times text, emails, and the call log. I have tried everything that you guys have said and it hasnt worked. i only use my phone for texts emails, and the internet. I dont use any of the other applications and have actually deleted the ones that i dont use. So any help would be great.
    Went through a lot replacements for nothing. This is memory issue. Make sure you have a memory card for pictures, videos, ringtones. keep your programs closed properly by hitting menu close. these are just a few ideas.
    08-19-08 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD