i send alot of SMS messages daily. is there any shortcuts keys to write a new one?

i do not have blackberry service and so do not have email set-up. so when i press "C" to create a new message while in the message list it auto goes to an email and tells me it won't save.

how do i create a new SMS message with one-touch?

going into the menu and scrolling seems wasteful.
    11-15-08 07:47 AM
    Set one of the side convience keys to SMS, then you just click on that if you want.. there really is no short cut though
    11-15-08 08:21 AM
    Or do what i do, use my address book, i dont scroll, i use the firswt letter of the name to take me to that person, then menu key, Send SMS.. its not a big ordeal
    11-15-08 08:22 AM
    If you download QSMS, pressing the "Q" key will generate the Compose SMS screen.

berrycoder.com
    11-15-08 08:28 AM
    cool thanks motorcycle mama, i hated that stupid COMPOSE icon where it sometimes lets you text people but mostly calls them and make you look stupid.
    11-15-08 08:48 AM
    The compose icon also does your last action, so if your last action was a call, its going to call... yeh i know.. dumb.. but yuh
    11-15-08 09:05 AM
    Yeah, I hid my Compose Icon. I use Q for SMS. C for Email.
    11-15-08 12:00 PM
    I'm with Rachel, I use my addy book.

Kirk, if you ever get a BIS account, you'll be amazed at what your device can do. I have multiple email accunts for work, our horse business, and personal stuff. It's great to always be connected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 12:10 PM
    There is a program called Qsms. It is a shortcut program for the "Q" key, and from there you set up shortcuts for people. Do a search for it, and best of all it is free!

11-15-08 12:11 PM
    when i press Q it doesn't bring up the sms text? o wells having the icon on the desktop is good enough. oh yes, i've moved the compose icon into another folder myself.
    11-15-08 12:14 PM
    It doesnt bring up the sms, it brings up the address book first then you select the recipeint. (for qsms)

The *old fashioned way*....
    Its not a big long drawn out process to send a text IMO
    11-15-08 12:18 PM
    Instant messaging.......R.I.P SMS
    11-15-08 12:20 PM
    It doesnt bring up the sms, it brings up the address book first then you select the recipeint. (for qsms)

The *old fashioned way*....
    Its not a big long drawn out process to send a text IMO
    Which one has it so it has a list of people and then you type another letter for a shortcut to compose an sms to that person?

I text the same two people and I just press "M" and the "r" to reply to their last message usually. It doesn't bother me even if I have to use the "old fashioned way" occasionally.
    11-15-08 12:27 PM
    when u dont have a data plan... SMS>IM's
    11-15-08 12:27 PM
    "Which one has it so it has a list of people and then you type another letter for a shortcut to compose an sms to that person? "

I dont understand this Q?
    11-15-08 12:32 PM
    "Which one has it so it has a list of people and then you type another letter for a shortcut to compose an sms to that person? "

I dont understand this Q?
    I know there is Qsms, and the paid one that is like it. I was trying to figure out which one is which, sorry :P.
    11-15-08 12:42 PM
    Ohhh I didnt know there was a paid one..

It makes things easier (for me IMO) which my Key shortcuts, I turn the dial from home screen off, and use all the alphabet keys to navigate
    11-15-08 12:47 PM
    thanks again guys.

well, the address book when dialing from home page is a little faster, not too bad.

i would love the QSMS method, but do i have to disable the dial from home page option? or can i re-assign the key say to one of the convenience keys?

on my old dash, i had it so that i needed two key pushes to compose a new SMS.
    11-15-08 06:00 PM
    ok, i tried QSMS and i tried address book several times and they are just about the same.

i think i will just try both ways for a bit before i decide.

oh, and i assigned QSMS to the left convenience, so i still have dial from home page.

thanks guys.
    11-15-08 06:46 PM
    Thanks To All Of U above For This Topic I was Searching For The Same Thing
    11-24-08 04:19 AM
    If you have your email and SMS inboxes separate, this will work. Not sure if this works when they're combined.

Click the SMS folder, and if the date is highlighted, hit 'Enter'. It will say "SMS Text:" at the top and then your address book at the bottom. You just click on whoever and start typing away!
    12-25-08 03:28 PM
    I have a newbie.?? About SMS texting. I made some change or uploaded something but now I have to store my texts on the SIM card. This causes problems becuz it keeps telling me to get rid of some becuz the card is full. I've tried setting it up to be on the phone, but I'll get maybe 1 text & then they come in & disappear. Any help please, this is annoying.

12-26-08 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD