Good day,

I am having a problem when sms messaging just one contact in my address book. I have a BB Curve 8330m on US cellular. I just got back in contact with an old friend and when I am sms messaging this person my phone will hang. I did notice that there "contact" number on my phone has added a 1 to the beginning and a 0 to the end.

I have already done a battery pull on this phone. I don't know if it matters or not but she is on the sprint net work.

Any help will be appreciated.
    06-01-10 12:39 PM
    Take off the one and additional 0

See if it changed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 03:37 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't think I made my self clear with the 1 and 0. In the address book it shows the normal 10 digit # but in the sms message screen it had the additional 1 and 0.

Thanks.
    06-01-10 03:58 PM
    The additional 1 and 0 is strange indeed. It never happened to me so I can't help with that part, but I've had one contact that sending SMS to took very long, I could double click the trackball, and then hold the mute button a couple seconds, and after a couple seconds the screen would go back to the message list, and then show the 'Entering standby mode' message, so really delayed. The problem was from having so many SMS from that person, I cleared them, and it came back to normal. I don't know if it can be of any help, but that did it for me! Good luck.
    06-02-10 11:48 AM
    I will try to clear some of them up but I don't think that should be a problem because I have a lot of messages from other contacts and I just started to sms message this person the other week. I will go through and delete all of the extra messages and see if that helps.

Thanks for all of the help.
    06-03-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD