Is this a normal occurance on the 8310 running any version of 4.5 to at random times when you hit reply to an SMS there is no history trail on the screen?

Have had device replaced, reloaded software 4.5.0.182(306) 3 times with AT&T/Blackberry Tech Support while on the phone for over two hours including wipe and reload with no restore of user data. Removed SD memory card. Reformated SD card. Tried loading old version of 4.5.0.110(152) with no user data restored. The only thing that hasnt been replaced is the SIM.

SMS is not set to store on the SIM. SMS Previous Items is set to 25 from 7.

Running out of options. Any thoughts?
    09-14-10 02:00 PM
    Go to SMS folder >> options >>general settings >> double your setting under DISPLAY & ACTIONS.
    Hope this will help you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 05:37 PM
    *** sorry I meant double check.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 05:38 PM
    Nothing seems out of sorts on the settings. 90% of the time the message history shows up when you go to reply. Every so often the screen comes up blank after just receiving a message going to reply.
    09-14-10 07:15 PM
    AT&T has no ideas, going to replace phone again. If that doesnt resolve issue the only thing left to replace is the SIM and after that it will be logged as a bug in RIM's software and there will be on the hunt for a version that doesnt drop the display of SMS history at random.
    09-16-10 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD