Not sure if this is just Sprint or whatever (they finally released an official 4.5 today), but I'm having an issue.

When I open an SMS message it shows me the prior messages shared with this person. That's fine but instead of it telling me which user send the message (me or the other person), it just shows a BLACK BOX! I know this would get annoying really fast. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, what carrier, which build, and is that build the official release from your carrier.

If this doesn't clear up on its own then I'll be forced to wipe my handset and try again. If that doesn't work then I'll be super angry because it took this long to get the darn thing to be official and it still doesn't work!

Michael
    02-05-09 08:07 PM
    Yes mine is doing the same thing, and the Sprint store is the one that did my upgrade
    02-05-09 08:13 PM
    Have you tried doing a battery pull.
    02-05-09 08:13 PM
    And if a battery pull doesnt work, i would hold out before doing anything about it, seeing that sprint is playing around with the sms/mms options and settings right now, They should be done with all that tomorrow, from what a rep told my brother.
    02-05-09 08:15 PM
    And if a battery pull doesnt work, i would hold out before doing anything about it, seeing that sprint is playing around with the sms/mms options and settings right now, They should be done with all that tomorrow, from what a rep told my brother.
    Thanks for the info. Guess I will hold out on wiping the thing. Who knows. It will get very annoying if I can't see who sent what in the history... Maybe it will get fixed by them.
    02-05-09 08:22 PM
    i have the same issue. just upgraded tmobile branded 4.5 today.

any news?
    04-10-09 07:04 PM
    i have the same issue. just upgraded tmobile branded 4.5 today.

any news?
    I have the same issue and I have t-mobile as well. I upgraded to 4.5 a couple weeks ago and it's been like that every since!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD