just started with at&t two weeks ago, so i'm not sure if this is an at&t issue, a general blackberry issue, or one that is specific to my device

every few calls, i will hear a static or crackling noise for about half a second or a second. when i hear the noise, the callers voice gets distorted so i can't understand them. this repeats every minute or so in the call. its not a huge problem, but quite an annoyance.

anyone else run into or heard of this issue? its strange because some (most?) calls are perfectly fine. i'm on my second phone in the 30 day trial so i'm not sure if i should exchange it, especially since i'm not sure if this is my phone's issue.
    09-08-07 02:27 PM
    Sounds like a Network issue, but it may also be a phone issue. Does it happen only at one specific location, or is it everywhere you go?
    09-08-07 03:02 PM
    its happened both in the north california area and the southern california area.
    09-08-07 03:31 PM
    Well in that case, it might be a device issue.
    09-08-07 04:01 PM
    Im not so sure its a device issue because I also have att and have been experiencing the exact symptoms and issues with the phone. Its like you said its annoying , yet this is my second device and it continues to do it. Let me know if you have any other information regarding this problem. thanks.
    09-09-07 02:31 PM
    any other opinions? its not a huge issue so it makes it really hard to spot, but once you do, your ear just listens for it and makes it real annoying. i've been through 3 bb curves so i don't think its my specific device but i dunno. i might have to switch back to verizon...
    09-17-07 01:42 AM
    Theirs been upgrades going on recently, in Cali area, maybe you are seeing the effects of some of the towers being taken offline for those upgrades.
    09-17-07 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD