Ok...I have a weird problem. I have had my curve for almost a year. It has always worked great. Recently though, whenever I restart the phone (power off/change out the battery) I get sluggish performance (the cursor moves behind, it takes a second or 2 to respond).

I have heard that typically, the curve responds sluggishly UNTIL restarted. My phone is the opposite. I do have to restart the phone every couple of days, as it quits receiving emails/calls if I don't.

Any ideas?

My Curve is an 8330

v4.3.0.124 (Platform 3.1.0.71)

Service with Alltel in Georgia.

Thanks for any help!
    02-17-09 08:36 AM
    02-17-09 08:53 AM
    Do you have lots of media on your SD card? My Curve is a little slow if I change any media on the card, while it re-indexes.
    02-17-09 08:54 AM
    Thanks guys. I did several of the easy ideas you recommend Yester and it is improving.

Polywog, I do have tons of media. Will that re-index every time?
    02-17-09 09:22 AM
    Thanks guys. I did several of the easy ideas you recommend Yester and it is improving.

Polywog, I do have tons of media. Will that re-index every time?
    Not positive it does on boot, but it seems to, as my phone is also sluggish for the first little while when I restart. Fast way to tell would be remove the card before you power up next time, and see how long it takes.
    02-17-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD