My Blackberry Curve has been slow on me for the last couple of months and I'm finally taking the time to try and figure out why. When I use to have it, with all the programs I have installed, it never really lagged but now it does, especially when I use AIM (JiveChat) and Google Maps.

I'm assuming maybe it's because of the apps I have installed? At first I thought it was memory but I had bought a 2GB card so I don't think that could be it? ( I have 8035230 Bytes available from the phone memory).

Could it be an app that I had installed? My application list shows:
    Blackberry 4.2 Core Applications
    Blackberry 4.2 System Software
    Blackberry Attachment Service
    Blackberry Messenger
    Blackberry Sample Video
    BrickBreaker
    Browser
    Facebook
    Google Maps (in bold)
    Google Mobile Updater
    Google Sync
    Help
    JiveTalk (in bold)
    MemoPad
    Password Keeper
    Phone
    TTY Support
    SmartView
    Tasks

What does it mean when it's in bold?

I would do a hard reset and reinstall the apps - but I don't want to lose all the information on my phone - especially having to do JiveTalk again and the registration.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
    08-07-08 01:58 AM
    Wow you are low on memory search on here for stoners guide and if you don't have a memory card get one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 02:06 AM
    Mine seems slow at times too. I've recently done a few things to try and help. Will report back with results.
    08-16-08 07:21 AM
    As blueberry said 8mb is getting low. For normal operation it should be around 12. Here is a useful link http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD