hi all
    no idea why but laoding a web page nowe takes 5 minutes, using wireless connection, haven't changed settings. Taking as long as if loading via mobile network. Can anyone help?
    many thanks (as ever)
    Heidi
    02-28-09 01:59 PM
    Check your file free memory, Options > Status. If it's getting low, close to 12 XXX XXX, then that is why it's slowing down, you are getting low on resources.

If you get below that figure, your BB will start to delete emails and messages to free up memory.
    02-28-09 02:02 PM
    Also witht he device powered on, pull the battery for about 15 seconds. then put it back in.
    02-28-09 02:10 PM
    And have you cleaned your Cache? Do you have Javascript Enabled in your Browser settings?

Reading this, click Menu>Options to check.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 02:54 PM
    hi file free status fine -
    how do I clean my cache and check for javascript??
    H
    02-28-09 03:04 PM
    If you're reading this, hit menu>scroll to options. A screen with Browser Configuration, General Properties and Cache Operations will come up. Hit browser, the more boxes you select,the slower pages will load. Make sure JS is disabled but leave prompt on for sites that need it temporarily. Escape and Save.

For cache, click it and clean each one, escape and when done escape again and you're done.

02-28-09 03:20 PM
    hiya
    I hit menu - options but then get a whole list of things but nonr says browser or cache!
    02-28-09 03:29 PM
    By the way, are you using your BB and viewing the full CB site? If so, you might download the mobile version at m.crackberry.com. This will give you a CB launcher that you can choose the color of, and makes things load much faster.

02-28-09 03:32 PM
    If you're reading this, hit menu>scroll to options. A screen with Browser Configuration, General Properties and Cache Operations will come up. Hit browser, the more boxes you select,the slower pages will load. Make sure JS is disabled but leave prompt on for sites that need it temporarily. Escape and Save.

For cache, click it and clean each one, escape and when done escape again and you're done.

BergerKing... How do I check this with a Sprint 8330?
    02-28-09 03:33 PM
    hiya
    I hit menu - options but then get a whole list of things but nonr says browser or cache!
    Did you click the options selection in the menu? It's 4th from bottom of the Menu field.

02-28-09 03:38 PM
    Tanker, that's what I'm using too. Just hit menu as you're reading this post to start.

02-28-09 03:41 PM
    hi
    I hit options and the list starts with about, advanced options, auto on/off, bluetooth and so on
    02-28-09 03:44 PM
    That's the options icon. You need to be on browser and go menu>options from there. Load a web page first. Easy fix, no problem.

02-28-09 04:04 PM

I have the 8330 which boxes should be checked ? My browser is also so slow at loading I give up and dont like to use mine. My free file space is at 45 and I clear my cache as needed no aps running , all is wonderful with my BB except the browser. ( All of my boxes are checked in conf. ) should I uncheck some ? If so which ones.
    Im running on4.5.0.127 w/alltel
    02-28-09 04:24 PM
    I usually leave the top and bottom boxes unchecked. I have the JS prompt on because I wanna be able to activate for a site I need it on and it'll shut off when I leave. I don't use the style sheets because it renders the type too small to read comfortably. You can experiment and find out what you like best with each option.

02-28-09 04:31 PM
    Thanks for the info . Done that and it like from nite to day what a difference. Thanks again
    02-28-09 04:36 PM
    Anytime. Always tryin' to make things better for all of us.

Glad I could help!

Last edited by BergerKing; 02-28-09 at 04:46 PM.
    02-28-09 04:39 PM
    many thanks
    I am so dim, took ages to figure out which 'options' you were talking about lol - now sorted (although pulling battery out and swearing at BB also worked)
    Now can't work out why not receiving blackberry.orange emails aaargh Receive about 1 in 10 sent. Shame I haven't got a battery to pull out and fix me
    H
    03-03-09 03:14 PM
    Now can't work out why not receiving blackberry.orange emails aaargh Receive about 1 in 10 sent. Shame I haven't got a battery to pull out and fix me
    H
    Go to email settings icon > Service Books > Resend Service Books.

Or log into your BIS site and resend service books:

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=orangeuk
    03-03-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD