i am a brand new user and like the device (8320 curve) but can'y belive how slow the desktop manager is... especially the media manager. it takes 10 minutes to get past the roxbury image.

do i have to use that media manager?
    10-10-07 04:19 PM
    I have spent about 24 hours ( over a 2 or 3 day period) on the phone with RIM I can download manager, but try and run media manager and I get runtime error........ no one seems to know how to correct this. I have installed and uninstalled about 6 or 8 times, both from bb website and disc. Good thing I don't need it. Now after their support had me remove, and screw with my notebook, my disc drive will not work. Along with several other programs that I need to run my business. I guess that I will have to take my notebook in for help at the local geek place.
    10-11-07 08:16 PM
    I contacted RIM and they told me to uninstall DM and install the earlier version 4.2.1.8 which does not use Roxio media manager. It uses RIM's own media manager. I did and it worked!
    12-21-07 08:14 PM
    Does anyone have a phone # for RIM that they could pass over to me? I've looked everywhere and can't even find where to call to find a human being for help with the media manager problem. Thanks!
    09-05-08 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD