Spilled on my 8330 and now none of the buttons work, when i turn the phone on and the screens still lit i can move the cursor around with the ball but i cant click on anything and the keypad, convenience keys, and standby button dont work at all. I replaced it with a tour and have had my curve in rice hoping itd help somewhat. I have 8 bbms and 12 messages that i cant get to and need to see but my usb port is broken and i cant turn on bluetooth since the keys dont work. Is there any hope for reading these messages? winner gets a prize
    02-13-10 07:16 PM
    So the rice didn't work?
    02-13-10 08:28 PM
    I'm not sure I would call that a "slight" problem. It sounds like you need a new phone. I don't think there is any way to get those messages either.
    02-13-10 08:40 PM
    im letting it sit overnight to see if the rice works. welll i got a tour but id still like to get to those messages for various reasons so if anyone can come up with any ideas id greatly appreciate that...all i can think of is replacing the usb port
    02-13-10 10:26 PM
    Yeah,more than a slight problem! I know someone who had a beer knocked over on a bar and their curve took a bath. The rice worked, but over time buttons stopped working and other issues popped up. Time for a new phone.
    02-14-10 08:38 AM
    He already got a new phone. He is just trying to retrieve a few messages without a working USB port.

I would say "Oh well", and promise myself to back up more often!
    02-14-10 09:28 AM
    haha well thats what happened to me but theyre messages that got sent after the phone breaking but before getting my new phone and i need some info from them but yeah i think im just going to say oh well at this point
    02-14-10 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD