Wondering if anybody has heard of this browser?Installed it on my brother's Motorola Q and it is amazing.I love my blackberry, but there software is garbage.This phone is so limited due to their software it truly is a shame.Check out skyfire.Maybe someday we will get lucky and have somebody that can offer us what blackberry obviously cannot.

Heres from the website

With Skyfire on your phone you can for the first time ever shop, watch web video, listen to web music and stay connected on your social network -- just as you would on your PC. We're talking about full-featured PC versions of your favorite websites. Skyfire gives you speedy page loads, full audio, images and video. From Myspace, Facebook, YouTube to Hulu - it's the full web experienced on your phone.We support all that's good about today's web - not just Flash, but also Silverlight, Ajax, QuickTime and more. And even better: Skyfire evolves with the newest capabilities without you having to do anything

Welcome to Skyfire!
    10-27-08 01:56 PM
    havent seen skyfire for the BB yet...
    10-27-08 02:02 PM
    It looks sweet! Hope it will be brought to Blackberry very soon!
    10-27-08 02:05 PM
    They mention on their website that "Blackberry: It's an important platform and high on our list." Hope to see this (and FireFox Mobile) soon!!

Skyfire: About, Beta
    10-27-08 02:11 PM
    I emailed them asking if there was there was a future plan for the blackberry.I hope they will support it for us user's.If that Motorola can play all them videos it should run really smooth with the power of the curve.That still just pisses me off that blackberry does not give us these solutions for our phones.
    10-27-08 02:11 PM
    Good call blackberry bob.Posted that before i seen your post.I can tell you that this browser is more advanced than any option avaiable to us now.
    Last edited by jackyl; 10-27-08 at 02:19 PM.
    10-27-08 02:16 PM
    thats is what i want! Firefox for BB!
    10-27-08 02:19 PM
    thats is what i want! Firefox for BB!
    I've read somewhere they have a beta version of FF Mobile called Fennec (or something like that) but, I can't find it.
    10-27-08 02:22 PM
    oooh, i like a hunt!
    10-27-08 02:32 PM
    I used Skyfire on my Windows Mobile device previously and would be insterested when they get a BlackBerry version running.
    10-27-08 02:37 PM
    Looks interesting, now if only I could get a foldaway 15 inch screen for my Curve, heck a HUD would work!
    10-27-08 02:46 PM
    Hopefully soon....
    10-27-08 03:55 PM
    Looks interesting, now if only I could get a foldaway 15 inch screen for my Curve, heck a HUD would work!
    that could get tiring lugging that around
    10-27-08 04:13 PM
    Here is the link I found for Fennec. So for it is only supported on WM6 and Linux based phones. Nothing BB related yet though, as usual.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile
    11-21-08 03:06 PM
    nice find... why do we always get apps last?
    11-21-08 03:09 PM
    because they save the best for last...lol
    sorry couldn't resist.
    I emailed skyfire a few months ago and they said at the time they had no plans for a bb version.
    11-21-08 03:48 PM
    because they save the best for last...lol
    sorry couldn't resist.
    I emailed skyfire a few months ago and they said at the time they had no plans for a bb version.
    There is an opening at Skyfire right now for a BlackBerry developer to join them on contract to get development launched for a BlackBerry version of the browser. It's not that they aren't planning it. They can't find anyone qualified, I guess. If you know anyone living near the Skyfire offices or willing to take the risk of the contract, pass this information to them:

Blackberry (RIM) developer (Full time contract)

Skyfire is an exciting venture-backed innovator in mobile web browsing. Skyfire browser is the only mobile browser to deliver both the speed and media-rich experience similar to the PC browser. For the first time, you can access and interact with any web site built with any web technology – Flash, Ajax, QuickTime, Java – an industry first.

We’re looking for the best and brightest people with a passion for technology that changes people’s lives. Help us shape the future of mobile browsing and contact us today.

Position: Blackberry (RIM) developer (Full time contract)

Job Description

Skyfire is looking for an experienced mobile developer to work on the Skyfire browser for the Blackberry platform. Applicants must be well versed on user interface development on blackberry devices. This is a 3 month full time contract position involving onsite presence at our offices in Mountain View.

Job Responsibilities

• Application architecture and feature development.
    • Work closely with product management and quality teams on feature definitions, release milestones and project tracking.

Required Skills

• Demonstrated track record of developing and releasing J2ME and Blackberry applications.
    • Demonstrated experience in object oriented design and development of applications and systems.
    • Ability to quickly master new technologies and push the envelope for performance and reliability.
    • Defensive coding ability accompanied with strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
    • In-depth debugging skills; ability to reach out and use team strengths to solve problems.
    • Ability to work in small collaborative teams and have a good sense of humor.

Required Qualifications

• 5+ years of mobile java development experience, with at least 2 years of development experience on the Blackberry platform.
    • Strong understanding of Blackberry JDE, MDS runtime, interactive application development paradigms, memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency and multi-threading.
    • Experience in J2ME and blackberry performance analysis and tuning, benchmarking and unit testing is desired.
    • BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant discipline and experience.

Compensation: DOE

03-06-09 11:51 AM
    i wish oh i wish for firefox on my berry
    03-06-09 11:58 AM
    Skyfire would be great on the blackberry. My brother has it on his Mogul and it works fantastically. He can go to the myspace chats on it. That's pretty impressive. That's something that I would look forward to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD