For those of you that want sirius to stream on your Curve.

1) Make sure you have a sirius online acct. You get one free with your subscription.
    2) D/L and install ORB (www(dot)orb(dot)com)
    2a) Create an ORB acct.
    3) D/L and install uSirius (www(dot)millardsoftware(dot)com/usirius)
    4) Start both.
    5) go to Internet Radio inside Orb. Create a CUSTOM CHANNEL.
    6) to get the url you need for your "path" setting in Orb, select that channel in uSirius and copy it.
    7) Leave both running on your computer. p.s. you need broadband
    8) go to your Curve browser - mycast(dot)orb(dot)com - sign in and go to your Audio/Internet Radio listings..

Viola!! I have Howard 101 streaming as we speak.
    07-03-08 12:58 AM

oh i sooooo know what ill be attempting to do when i get home from work!

ill post back if i can duplicate the results.
    07-03-08 02:39 AM
    Wow. Excellent post and information.

Out of curiosity, what kind of battery life are you experiencing with Sirius steaming? More specifically, how long can you keep Howard running?
    07-03-08 03:47 AM
    Very nice! Now I can get the Grateful Dead channel on my Blackberry! I knew there was a reason I got this thing!

Also cool that I can use this method to stream my own internet radio station. (No I'm not going to give a link, that would just be shameless spamming!)
    Last edited by Sosobra; 07-03-08 at 05:41 AM.
    07-03-08 03:59 AM
    It does work, I set this up a few days ago. (I live in a weak signal area so if I'm around home it doesn't stay connected) give it a shot, it will probably work great for other users.

You can also access all ur media saved on ur desktop- pics, music, etc (that's just orb, you don't have to do anything special)
    07-03-08 05:59 AM
    Can I use a bluetooth headset to listen to this as well? Sorry for the noob question, but I've honestly never used the BT or any other headset on my Curve and I'm honestly not sure if it's only for phone calls or what.
    07-03-08 07:50 AM
    No idea. I posted this right after I got it working.

Wow. Excellent post and information.

Out of curiosity, what kind of battery life are you experiencing with Sirius steaming? More specifically, how long can you keep Howard running?
    07-03-08 08:05 AM
    I would think you could use a BT. If you can listen to music, it will work since the stream comes thru the media player.

Can I use a bluetooth headset to listen to this as well? Sorry for the noob question, but I've honestly never used the BT or any other headset on my Curve and I'm honestly not sure if it's only for phone calls or what.
    07-03-08 08:06 AM
    Can you do the same with XM

1) Make sure you have a sirius online acct. You get one free with your subscription.
    2) D/L and install ORB (www(dot)orb(dot)com)
    2a) Create an ORB acct.
    3) D/L and install uSirius (www(dot)millardsoftware(dot)com/usirius)
    4) Start both.
    5) go to Internet Radio inside Orb. Create a CUSTOM CHANNEL.
    6) to get the url you need for your "path" setting in Orb, select that channel in uSirius and copy it.
    7) Leave both running on your computer. p.s. you need broadband
    8) go to your Curve browser - mycast(dot)orb(dot)com - sign in and go to your Audio/Internet Radio listings..

Viola!! I have Howard 101 streaming as we speak.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 08:13 AM
    Xm radio has a application for blackberry users to listen to. its great and works very well. But i am a sirus fan and will be trying this tonight. Thanks for the info
    Last edited by eroccia; 07-03-08 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Looked bad, mispelled a word
    07-03-08 08:36 AM
    100% perfect!!!

on top of it kicking *** that i can listen to sirius i can also listen to my entire library for my mp3 player w/o having to spend money for a memory card!!
    07-03-08 08:40 AM
    [QUOTE=Badsheriff;453886]Can you do the same with XM

XM Radio Mobile on BlackBerry�
    07-03-08 08:56 AM
    Does anyone know if this will work with an 8800?

07-03-08 09:18 AM
    personally that xm app is garbage... I had high hopes but it is nowhere near worth the cost. I hope Siri comes out with something better at some point!
    07-03-08 07:57 PM
    I downloaded everything and got it to work on computer but it won't stream on the curve?

Any thoughts or ideas?

TIA!!
    07-03-08 09:47 PM
    A big bababooey to you firestorm

I will be in heaven tomorrow at work if I can stream this...

thanks man!
    07-03-08 10:04 PM
    Leave it to a Rags fan to mess up my name.

How about a bababooey to FireCAPTAIN?

Hehehe

p.s. Let's Go Red Wings!

I guess you'll have to watch some Stars games this year to catch Avery's antics.

A big bababooey to you firestorm

I will be in heaven tomorrow at work if I can stream this...

thanks man!
    07-04-08 12:56 AM
    ok so I downloaded everything and followed the instructions exactly and I get nothing when I click on the channel when I am logged into orb on my BB. I am using an 8330 with Sprint. ANyone else having the same issue? Any ideas for fixes?

I have tried searching and googling this topic for fixes and anything I thought might be a fix from what I found hasnt worked. I tried deleting the channels and saving them again, logging out of Orb and uSirius and still nothing.............bleh. Help please..thankyou in advance
    07-04-08 08:26 AM
    I try it ,but when the player start in my BB it say the media being played is of an unsuported format.Curve 8330.
    07-04-08 11:58 AM
    I have a Verizon Pearl I have Orb and uXm running on my computer and I ran all the different format but never got one to work. Not sure why but since I did the upgrade .97 I can't reformat videos to 3gp or play them. Orb works fine on computer and can stream on computer. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by damage76; 07-04-08 at 04:59 PM.
    07-04-08 04:49 PM
    Can you do the same with XM

Instead of downloading usirius, download uxm. It does the exact same thing.
    07-04-08 09:35 PM
    It doesnt work!

GO WINGS!!!!
    07-04-08 10:18 PM
    we have xm subscription so I though kewl!
    I'll get it on my bb. went to dowload it onto my berry and it says it doesn't support my phone! wtf????
    07-04-08 10:18 PM
    thank you this work great and its quality is great i can lisen to bubba at work now :-)
    07-04-08 10:53 PM
    Leave it to a Rags fan to mess up my name.

How about a bababooey to FireCAPTAIN?

Hehehe

p.s. Let's Go Red Wings!

I guess you'll have to watch some Stars games this year to catch Avery's antics.
    oops.. my bad!

Sorry bout that FireCaptain! But since you're a Wings fan and all Way to go on Hossa... And Avery was a fireplug that will be missed Now I'll just have to hate him again..

and LETS GO RANGERS!!!!! Naslund? i dunno..
    07-04-08 11:50 PM
188 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD