hey folks i've tried to figure out whats wrong with my berry but gotten nowhere
    about a week ago i had the od that came with my 8320 and i always had about 30 or more MB free, now since upgraded to.46 memory is always below 10 MB, so tonight i decided to upgrade to 4.5.0.52 to see if the problem would fix but now i have 11 MB free i can't even play brockbreaker cause the balls gets stuck and freezes it's really annoying, i need help i don't want to have to delete all that i have including brickbreaker

i have installed

viigo beta version
    google maps
    lingo
    opera mini
    blackberry wallet

but i keep the apps closed i just open them use them and close the completely so they don't hog my memory...

and already deleted lots of apps but the memory stays the same on 11 MB after repeatedly resetting the BB....

HELP!
    07-08-08 10:44 PM
    about a week ago i had the od that came with my 8320 and i always had about 30 or more MB free, now since upgraded to.46 memory is always below 10 MB, so tonight i decided to upgrade to 4.5.0.52 to see if the problem would fix but now i have 11 MB free i can't even play brockbreaker cause the balls gets stuck and freezes it's really annoying, i need help i don't want to have to delete all that i have including brickbreaker

i have installed

viigo beta version
    google maps
    lingo
    opera mini
    blackberry wallet

but i keep the apps closed i just open them use them and close the completely so they don't hog my memory...

and already deleted lots of apps but the memory stays the same on 11 MB after repeatedly resetting the BB....

HELP!
    This Has been an ongoing problem with the 4.5 beta, and honestly I would delete the Viigo and see if that helps. I have found out that it is bad on memory.
    07-08-08 10:46 PM
    yea, heard viigo has a terrible memory leak issue and eats up a lot of memory to begin with...I installed 4.5 on my 8330 verizon curve and after the reboot I was up to 50 free mb Only 3rd party apps I have is Jivetalk, MemoryMax(which I havent even used), BankofAmerica Mobile banking, google maps, vib and ring,cb launcher, and yahoo one search...ohh yea, I also have the precision 9000(Bold) theme. Only memory cleanup I have done was removed the sample video, Help, and a couple of languages
    07-08-08 10:55 PM
    I upgraded and had the same issue with my 8320 curve.....

What I ended up doing was using maxmem (I believe that's the name.... Its in the last software round up) to delete all the default themes, voice dial, the bug reporting software (the link logger I did manually) and the mds feature and that there launched me up too 20mb once again.

in my personal opinion opera is kind of obsolete with the new bb browser since it still has emulation and now supports real html/css so you might want to dump that also.

As we speak, all I have downloaded is the offical release of viggo, my bberry theme and maxmem and I'm at 22mb

Give it a shot.... But back up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 11:39 PM

i have installed

viigo beta version
    google maps
    lingo
    opera mini
    blackberry wallet

HELP!
    Have yo completed memory optimization after upgrading?
    07-08-08 11:41 PM
    i have the same problem ....

but could it be the if you keep the vendor.xml program on and dont know how to delete it ... that would effect your memory ... if not how do you optimize your BB ... please ... i have to reboot my BB @ least once a day i only have @ max 13 mb free i have never seen thirty and i also have viigo ...

can someone desperately help us ....
    07-08-08 11:50 PM
    With what comes stock with the o.s. and espn launcher I have 20mb. This is without doing any memory increase yet.
    07-09-08 12:01 AM
    yea, heard viigo has a terrible memory leak issue and eats up a lot of memory to begin with
    Viigo does not have a memory leak, even the beta version. And it only hogs memory if you have a lot of feeds sent to your device and you don't delete them after reading.

I am running 4.5.0.46 with the following apps installed and I keep around 28mb free all the time:
    Weatherbug
    CB Launcher Beta
    Viigo Beta
    Nav4all
    Vibe&Ring
    BBSmart Alarms Pro
    MaraTick
    PacMan
    Bubble Popper

Do a search for Stoner or Jason HDD's memory optimization guide and it will walk you through clearing out a lot of stuff you don't want/need to free up valuable memory.
    07-09-08 12:03 AM
    Have yo completed memory optimization after upgrading?
    This is a great question because you have to do the opptimization procedure every time you upgrade the OS. A lot of people don't realize that.
    07-09-08 12:04 AM
    How do you do the memory optimization??

07-09-08 12:21 AM
    Wait do you mean stoner or jason hdd's process or is there an actualy program you hafta run to optomize the memory with

07-09-08 12:24 AM
    How do you do the memory optimization??

You probably have seen this thread but incase you have not, check it out. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-09-08 12:25 AM
    did you guys uninstall the quincy and battery log tracking package that was in that release? they take up a lot of file memory.
    07-09-08 02:36 AM
    Hey guys I haven't gone trough the optimizacion process but I saw one of the threads and I recomended to delete tons of apps that I really don't want to delete...the rest of the stuff I already deleted...so no� sure what to do..I'm on 11 MB with no extra apps open...after a soft reset it is on 12-13 MB...this sucks...I won't go back to 4.2.2.180 but I would sure want to run apps smoothly o the BB...

Ohh and the 4.5.0.52 does not come with quincy or linktrack or any off that stuff...

Well if anyone gets any other idea let me know...

07-09-08 03:27 PM
    Hey guys I haven't gone trough the optimizacion process but I saw one of the threads and I recomended to delete tons of apps that I really don't want to delete...the rest of the stuff I already deleted...so no� sure what to do.
    if you're not willing to do anything more, then you'll just have to deal with it.
    07-09-08 03:30 PM
    ok i've deleted viigo, blackberry maps , blackberry wallet and managed to get to 13 MB after battery pull, so ?? i think there maybe something wrong with my os or my berry because i think i shoulb be on 20 MB by now please help!
    07-10-08 05:59 PM
    ok i have now uninstall all of my 3rd party apps except for google maps....and i'm now on 14 MB free....cant believe this....
    07-10-08 06:26 PM
    Hauser....you need to memory optimize. read one of the 1million guides on here and follow the instructions by removing the files from the java folder on your computer under c:\common files\research in motion\ and then finding the 4.5.0. version folder under there...remove all that crap you dont need ie. themes,sample video, push to talk, voice actividated dialing, password keeper, language files besides english.

Then run apploader....find a guide to walk you through it its EASY. after that I bet you get around 20mb free, maybe more.

Viigo is a major memory hog. I optimized and kept jivetalk,flickr uploader, twitty berry, wallet,opera mini and I have always 19-20mb free. I love viigo but not worth the leakage and memory it takes up.

Take 15 minutes optimize and report back where you are now buddy!! Get rid of brick breaker too and help....let us know if you need more help...There is settings you can change on the curve that will help too.
    07-10-08 07:38 PM
    I'm on a pearl and have over 20 mb free running 4.5. If pearl can do it, curve can do it! Follow the optimization process and you'll be good to go. And yes I'd agree get rid of Viigo. I love it but too many headaches. I just read my feeds on opera. Two birds, one stone
    07-10-08 07:52 PM
    I'm on a pearl and have over 20 mb free running 4.5. If pearl can do it, curve can do it! Follow the optimization process and you'll be good to go. And yes I'd agree get rid of Viigo. I love it but too many headaches. I just read my feeds on opera. Two birds, one stone

For me, Viigo was a memory eater. When you optimize, only delete what is required. Although not required, I always pull the battery after optimization just to see if I can get any extra. Monitor apps before and after each use by checking the available memory after continual usage to get a rough guestimation of memory used
    07-10-08 08:05 PM
    ...i think there maybe something wrong with my os or my berry because i think i shoulb be on 20 MB by now please help!
    You are at the low end of available memory.

Do you still have your sample Pictures? They are huge.

Do you still have unused themes?

I suspect there is still plenty of workspace available.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-10-08 08:44 PM
    Hauser: after you optimize it is going to free up alot for you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Follow that link and get to work!
    07-10-08 08:46 PM
    all right i'm gonna go now trough the optimization process, will report back in half an hour or so, whem i'm finished,

stoner i read you guide and by the way it's really good, i deleted unused themes and also 4.5.0.52 doesn't come with sample or preloaded pictures...just one more question do you think documents to go has anything to do with the lack of free memory on my curve cause i just saw it, i had forgotten all about it..
    07-10-08 08:55 PM
    Docs to go shouldnt. Its actually worth keeping...once you load it register for the premium 30 day trial. After you register it will prompt you to download with OTA a newer version and then it installs it. With premium you can create NEW documents and files. Its actually pretty sweet...not sure if I'd use it enough to warrant paying for it..
    07-10-08 09:02 PM
    i'm not gonna be able to optimize right now cause i'm having trouble with the desktop manager, it doesn't want to recognize my BB so i'm going to download it and reinstall it, cause it's giving me a VBA error which i'm assuming it has something to do with visual basic although don't really know how they connect with each other...
    07-10-08 09:13 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD