Ok, so... back in June, I had the Iphone, I was able to transfer all my contacts, and on the iphone added a few more. In september I got my first BB.. the *older* numbers transferred over, but the new ones did not, I had to find them them.. then 3 weeks ago, I got another BB, same deal, older contacts over, the new ones from June and since did not copy or get saved..

How can I prevent this in the future with the card, why are my new(ish) contacts not saving.. know what I mean.. I mean they ARE in my book now, but the two times Ive moved the card, Ive had to go get the #'s again from the new contacts...

Make sense?
    10-30-08 08:14 AM
    Do you mean the BB option to copy contacts/phone numbers from you SIM Card?

If so, the BB doesn't save contacts to the SIM or media card. So when you did copy from SIM it only had the contacts save before you got you BB's.
    10-30-08 08:16 AM
    So, in the future, any new contacts I may add/have added will not transfer to a new device basically?
    Kinda odd.
    10-30-08 08:17 AM
    Yes. SIM was for phones such as my old Nokia of RAZR before phones started using memory cards. BB being smart phones with PIM apps save information as contacts instead of a phone book, but the BB doesn't support memory cards being used like a hard drive. You have to sync your data with a desktop PIM such as Outlook. I use OL at work, so I could just transfer all my data right to my BB.

Newer phones like the Moto V490 use contacts instead of a phone book and support memory cards.
    10-30-08 08:23 AM
    I would check out backup/restore or BB device switch in DM to see if it does what you want to do. I think it will.
    10-30-08 08:25 AM
    Ohh I just thought when I read your last post, yeh the address book back up in DM should be ok.. lets hope Ill never have to use it LOL

thanks for the info.. I thought I had missed a setting or something along the way.. and I needed the babysitters number and it was gone LOL

All is good.
    10-30-08 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD