does anyone know why this happens? i've gotten this 3 times in the past week. really annoying! trtied cleaning the sim and all...
    03-17-08 12:02 PM
    mmm i've had this happen to me as well.. i just did a battery pull.. then again, i know that can be tiresome when you have to do it more than once a day.

im no expert but maybe your sim card is scratched?
    03-17-08 12:06 PM
    Mine did it almost daily until I upgrade the OS. Hasn't happened since.
    03-17-08 12:08 PM
    Hi im sorry to dig this old thread up, but im having the same problem, and the board wont let me start a new thread...

when i initially put the card in, it was fine. I called the 800 number my 'getting started' guide listed, and now it says sim card rejected...
    anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks
    04-23-08 11:43 AM
    Have you securely locked the sim card in place. Somtimes the latch might look like its set properly but not fully locked. When locking the latch you should be able to hear it clicking.
    04-23-08 12:05 PM
    yes it clicked..i cleaned it off and it didnt apear to have any visible scratches...does it matter what kind of phone it came from before i put it in my BB?
    04-23-08 12:07 PM
    It shouldn't matter what phone the simcard came from, but I did hear from a service tech that the BBs do experience some issues with older simcards. Might have to buy a new one and try it out. I doubt its an issue with the bb unless it was a locked bb that was not unlocked properly.
    04-23-08 12:14 PM
    it happened to me once .. i droped my phone and move abit the SIM card .. pulled off the battery, replacedhe SIM, didnt get this issue again
    04-23-08 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD